We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

HI there I would just wondering if it is safe to hike up the Pulpit Rock alone in September? I hope the area is still crowded. Can anyone gives me any idea/advices?

Thanks.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 22:33
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

No probs for that, and September is beautiful in the mountains with autumn colors..;)

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,674 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

wenying, I guess it's absolutely safe. I saw many singles hiking to to the top of pulpit rock.

Oslo
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?
Visit Norway What's this?

Hello,

It is important to remember that a hiking tour needs planning and preparation. That is why we recommend that our visitors read our article on "Safety in the Norwegian mountains" before setting out on a hike. Links for downloadable brochures for Summer/Winter hikes are also available on the page: visitnorway.com/en/…

Content provided by Visit Norway: www.visitnorway.com
Kettering, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

Last Sunday (Aug 30) it was extremely busy and the only danger was being pushed off the path by the hordes of people. After 4pm it got much quieter and it was stunningly beautiful. The weather was very good last week but maybe not so good from today (Sep 6) as it was drizzling this morning in Stavanger. There will certainly be fewer walkers than Aug 30 but even yesterday (Sep 5) we saw many cars going up there (we were staying quite near).

5. Re: Hiking up to Pulpit Rock alone in 9 September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 05:15