We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Help

jacksonville
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Help

My daughter thinks she broke her foot. Where should she go?

Canberra
Level Contributor
593 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical Help

There are at least three international hospitals on Samui and one public hospital (Nathon).

I went to Bangkok Hospital Samui on the main ring road opposite Chaweng in June and received very prompt professional service. For a possible broken bone going to the nearest would probably be Ok, they will all have x-ray machines etc.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 06:46
Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
Canberra
Level Contributor
593 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical Help

Contact numbers are here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k5…

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical Help

Firstly do they have medical insurance? I would expect someone that has insurance to know what to do as it is fairly clear on the policy.

If not good luck!! Follow the above advise if not.

If yes, then call the emergency number of the insurance company and report what has happened as they usually state you must do so first if possible. Often they suggest a place or have a preferred hospital.

I have usually chosen Samui International hospital which has suited me and my insurance company suggested I went there.

Good luck

Canberra
Level Contributor
593 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical Help

My insurance company had no specification for hospitals in Thailand or a requirement to pre-notify for minor issues. The documentation provided at Bangkok Samui was comprehensive and I had no problem scanning and emailing to support my claim, which was promptly paid without query.

Mentioned in this post
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical Help

Hi

Good point regarding travel insurance. I think the OP posted on the wrong fourm. From her other post said her daughter is in Railey.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,443 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical Help

My daughter thinks she broke her foot. Where should she go?

A] wherever your daughter is, she should take her travel insuance documents and head to a local clinic or hospital. The standard in Thailand is very good. If she can not find one, she should ask a taxi driver to take her or ask the hostel / hotel to arrange the transport for her.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Medical Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2016, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Ang Thong