We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chlorakas area

falkirk
4 posts
Save Topic
chlorakas area

We have booked villa gregoria in chlorakas area next year oct 2014 for a family wedding ,has anyone stayed there before ? Also looking for any info on the chlorakas area in general,buses,restaurants,bars etc ?

Edited: 01 September 2013, 19:17
17 replies to this topic
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chlorakas area

There isn't much around the villa but you are within 5 minutes drive of restaurants, cafes and bars and only a 10 minute drive from the Harbour in Kato Paphos. If you don't plan to hire a car, there is a great bus service that runs along the coast road which is a 15 minute walk from the villa.

Trisha

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chlorakas area

*** Beware: Please Make sure you are actually staying in this villa first.

We booked this Villa via Owners and stayed there in August and was put in the Villa next door

Please read the email we sent to the owner (Karolos), to date we have still not had a reply, which is a shock as either his brother, sister or Karolos himself were around one of the three Villas for the first week of our two week holiday every day until we sent this email!

Also note NO SAFE in this Villa

The Villa next door to us was broken into the day before we arrived and they advised us that our villa had been broken into the week before aswell, (Owner denied this of course) this proved very difficult when you have 8 people with iPads, iPhones, Kindles, DS's, PSP's, Designer sunglasses, watches, After Shave, Perfume, credit cards, pass ports, Euro's and expensive clothing and trainers to carry around everyday and night when you go out. We ended up buying a cycle chain and padlocking less valuable items in a hard case to the sink and took a trolly case out at night with all the valuable stuff.

Dear Karolos,

Hope you are well. As today is the last day of our holiday I wanted to feedback some thoughts to you regarding our stay:-

Firstly we are disappointed to learn that the villa we are staying in is not the villa that we believed we booked with yourself. When we compare the two, the villa you advertise on Owners Direct is not the villa we are staying in,and this was not communicated to us prior to our booking and arrival in Cyprus. This constitutes false advertising (you still advertise use of a sauna!).

mobile.ownersdirect.co.uk/Photos.aspx…

The current neighbours (to the left of the villa if facing the sea) are in greater capacity than I assume the villa should allow and whilst they are no problem, it is reminiscent to staying in an over crowded hotel. As villa renters for many many years one thing we seek in booking villa holidays is seclusion, this week has not been that!

The locale of this villa is stunning however aspects of it need serious attention particularly when warranting the rental income you do i.e dishwasher is broken, kettle is dangerous as doesn't cut off and hot water goes into handle); shower is leaking in en suite and the ceiling in lounge is damaged and peeling off, one of the fridge/freezers doesn't work but this isn't clear as to which one doesn't so food has been wasted. In addition the swimming pool needs serious care and attention:-

The Inlet hose in the pool has no guard, which generates suction and with young children has caused accidents); the centre filter in the floor of the pool is broken (3 adults have cut their feet on it); our main issue is that the jacuzzi end of pool. The tiles have not been finished and therefore have left a jagged edge. The result of which is my sister in law had to attend the medical centre and have 5 stitches in her hand on day 5 of her holiday, which has meant she has not had full enjoyment as she cannot swim, go in the sea, engage in watersports or attend the water park. In addition she has had to for 3 visits plus the cost of €150 for the treatment.

Aspects you could consider improving in order to generate repeat business and to warrant high rental income, and to remain in line with similar properties:-

No tea towels (your cleaners gave us bear mats! x 2 (8 Guests)

No washing basket or pegs - (Small Washing horse to dry clothing)

No safe (to lock away valuables);

No appropriate kitchen utensils;

One parasol (when neighbouring villas have several);

Upon arrival 8 sunbeds, with arrival of neighbours one of our beds has gone missing!

No gas for 3 days to use in kitchen;

Sofa beds in lounge are broken;

Swimming pool lights are not working (one of our guests had to screw both light covers for the electrician whilst in the pool to get the lights working - bulbs lasted 2 days in one light!)

Many internal/ external lights are not working (bulbs may need to be replaced);

All windows are dirty;

No outside shower.

BBQ faulty

We have holiday in Cyprus since 1995 and love the Island.

We all think that if the owners actually invest some of the rental money they are charging back into the

three villas that are side by side the Villas have great potential!

Good luck!!!

Edited: 07 September 2013, 12:16
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chlorakas area

I wouldn't have waited till the last day of my holiday to get in touch with the agent! Sounds horrendous!

Trisha

London
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: chlorakas area

Hi Trisha,

There was no way We would of expected the family who were already in the villa we had booked when we arrived to move out during what was their 2nd week that would of been awful for them and we are just not those sort of people and normally we would'nt be bothered to moan but all the little things add up and I just hope the owner takes note of our complaints and puts them right as the Villa has amazing potential (the one we did'nt book) I certainly would not pay what we did for it comparing it to other villas we have stayed in in Cyprus that have been stunning. The Villa in mention "Gregoria" what we booked and paid for I sadly can't comment on as we never got the chance to see it inside but the Pool side looked good and looked better than the one were put in. when the 2nd lot of guests arrived the party was so big I think we counted between 18-20 our villa would not of been big enough to have accommodated them all so again no point in saying anything.

All the best, Jay

falkirk
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: chlorakas area

Oh dear dont like the sound of this!!!! Trisha you seem to know this area well ,do u know of any other villas around paphos that can sleep 14 people just incase we change our minds on this villa ?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chlorakas area

I do know the area well as I live in Chloraka village, but that means that I don't know much about rental accommodation as I have no need for it.

Sorry I can't be more help but I would start a new post asking for recommendations and I'm sure you'll get lots of info.

Trisha

London
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: chlorakas area

Hi There,

Sorry to leave you filling like that knowing that you have already booked but I think at least if

People put honest reviews on these sites about these villas others have the opportunity to make up their own minds.

As long as you don't have too higher expectations you should be happy with your villa. Gregoria looked much better than the one we were put in, just make sure you get Gregoria as the one we stayed in next door sleeps

12 (6 Bedrooms) Plus 2 awful sofa beds which would accommodate another 4 people. I would recommend calling the owner and make sure you will be getting Gregoria and don't let him fob you off.

If you have little ones with you PLEASE be extra careful in the pool in the Jacuzzi end.

We tended to use the out of town restaurants they are much cheaper and the food was definitely better.

Like Trisha said bus service runs along main road and there's a few places within walking distance (wouldn't recommend for the elderly bit to up hill in the heat)

Hope everything works out ok!

All the best

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: chlorakas area

Hi Everybody,

We booked "Villa Gregoria" through the owners direct site, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with our family (11 adults and 1 toddler) karolos was in contact at all time during the booking process, he arranged the transfer, and reserved us a table at the nearby Pentaras restaurant (which was superb) as regard the villa, it was exactly as described, and had all the items listed in the advert, Karolos was very helpful, and on site regularly during our one weeks stay, we had a superb holiday, and I would not hesitate to recommend these villas, the only negatives are: poor chairs outside the villa, some need replacing,and the lack of a safe,

cheers,Ernie, from Sheffield

falkirk
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: chlorakas area

Thanks Ernie for the update . We had already decided we were going to make our own decisions about the villa when we got there but it was really nice to get some good feedback .We would be really grateful if you could tell us did your family feel the need to hire a car or was the bus service ok? Also bars and restaurants nearby ? thanks x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: chlorakas area

My strong advice is book elsewhere

These villas are exactly as described in the email and have been burgled by entry gained at night with occupants in residence

Reply to: chlorakas area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chlorakas
Recent Conversations