We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

greater manchester...
Level Contributor
79 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

We are looking to stay in eastbourne in the summer and are looking for a hotel centrally located suitable for a middle aged couple and which is not full of coach parties and the elderly. As long as it is within a mile of the seafront and restaurants (an outdoor pool would be great, but this is probably pushing it) and is light and airy then this would be ideal.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
732 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

You did not specify budget. Not taking budget into consideration then the Grand or The Cavendish satisfy all your requirements, and are lovely.

greater manchester...
Level Contributor
79 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

Thanks for that. I'll look into those two hotels then. Not too worried about prices unless they are unreasonably expensive.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

Have a look at The Big Sleep which is a more contemporary hotel but no pool!

walthamstow
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

The Langham Hotel is about 3/4 mile away from the pier on the seafront and has a reasonable restaurant and bar. staff are good. going the other way you could try the big sleep.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

The da Vinci Hotel In Howard Square might also suit your needs. It is in the centre of the cultural area and a few hundred yards off the sea front overlooking a quiet square so less chance of you being kept awake by road traffic. The rooms are all art themed and there is even an art gallery downstairs. No coach parties but no swimming pool either.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

The da Vinci Hotel In Howard Square might also suit your needs. It is in the centre of the cultural area and a few hundred yards off the sea front overlooking a quiet square so less chance of you being kept awake by road traffic. The rooms are all art themed and there is even an art gallery downstairs. No coach parties but no swimming pool either.

surrey
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

Hi ,

i've stayed in about 5 hotels in lvly eastbourne, im in my 40's and i can recomend the Guesthouse East, good affordable accomodation with great hosts.This is a b+b , but breakfast can be served at extra, this is because some of the suites are self contained. This building is in the Regency Style and is only 60 yards from the seafront, parking permits can be obtained for a pound from the proprieters,and i think carry through untill 11am the next day

Happy hunting

chris

Peterborough
Level Contributor
388 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

We stayed at the Lansdowne a Best Western Hotel could not fault it

But I would go for a superior sea view room ours was very large with a seperate shower room and bath room and a sitting area with coffee table ect

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

The Brayscroft House, just up from the Grand, check it out on tripadvisor

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel for 40 year old couple - suggestions please

The Hydro is very nice, 3*, quietly situated at the Holywell end of the prom. It is one of only 2 hotels in Eastbourne wtih an outdoor pool - the other being the Grand