We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see

Which Eastbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Things to see

We are visiting Eastbourne, staying at the Claremont early Feb and wondered what people in the know would visit. We have got the numbers of the buses to Brighton and Hastings and will do some local walking, but is there anything we should see otherwise. We are three fit older ladies, with thanks in advance.

Gill

Lewes, East Sussex...
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to see

Hi Gill

There are lots of good places to visit nearby - what type of thing do you like?

If you want somewhere interesting to wander round then Lewes is a nice day trip - about 20 mins by train.

Happy to make some more suggestions if you give me some pointers.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to see

Thanks Ali and Andy, a train trip to Lewes sounds good. We have a bit of a problem now though as one of us has been admitted to hospital and as yet we have no idea what is wrong, so we have to see whether the doc says she can be out in time or if Daish will transfer our booking to a later date. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Gill

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to see

Fingers crossed for your chum.

As already suggested, Lewes, Hastings and Brighton are the obvious (and very good) places to go. Brighton for the lively atmosphere, the Royal Pavilion and the (shingle) beach. Lewes for an old fashioned county town (and very good pubs and antiques). Hastings for a rather nice old town and Britain's (therefore the world's) best fish and chips at Maggie's.

Have fun - all three of you.

G B
Eastbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to see

Alfriston is a very pretty village with some great places to eat. 126 Bus ( Cuckmere Buses) from Eastbourne

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to see

Thank you all again, still in limbo, hoping Daish can sell our room or we are out of pocket!

Gill

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to see

Just a little update. Daish have been very good and sent us some of our money back so hopefully we will be able to go later in the year and use all the helpful information.

Gill

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to see

Sorry to hear about a family member been unwell :(

When you are all fighting fit and ready to come down again, I would recommend a walk at Seven sisters country park...I was there today and had a great day despite there been numorous flooding around. Mostly flat unless you fancy going up the hills which I didn't. Not sure if it's your cup of tea at all but just a thought. There is a bus stop there so it services by buses. Think it was Brighton and Hove buses. And like I said, where I walked was flat land, just a bit interesting today due to flooding from adverse weather.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to see

Thanks Tarry, we are normally pretty fit so we may try the hills. Hope it won't be too long.

Gill

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to see

It will be worth a visit even if just to see the Seven sisters cliffs. :)

10. Re: Things to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Eastbourne