We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Llandudno to Manchester

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
184 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
From Llandudno to Manchester

Just finalising the big trip. Need to get from Llandudno to Manchester to catch flight to Dublin which we have booked. Flight leaves at 10:50 am. If we catch train from Llandudno how much time should we allow ourselves and how difficult is it to change trains at Oxford road. We are in our 50's and not as agile as we were and don't want to run too fast or far.Have looked at lots of train sites as well as seat 61 and raileasy and need to finalise. Thanks.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Hi Vicki,

You don't have to change at Oxford Road Station, although that would be very easy, change at Manchester Piccadilly Station. The LLandudno train arrives at platform 13 and quite a few trains going to the airport depart from the same platform.

Travelling from Llandudno, It would be possible to reach Manchester Airport by 09:20am.

I hope that you are not travelling on a Sunday, you might have trouble making your flight.

Good luck.

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

There's a new direct service to Man Airport which started last year.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
184 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Thanks could I have some info on the direct service please and no we are travelling on a Thursday so hope that will be OK

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news…

For the link to the train website go here and fill in your details.

www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/home.aspx…

I'm not sure when you are travelling or how long this timetable is valid for. Depending on when you want to travel you may not be able to get train times yet. If that is the case, try emailing Arriva trains who may be able to help.

If you have problems with mobility email Arriva Trains as they may be able to provide assistance on the platform for you.

Eleanor

Edited: 14 February 2010, 11:24
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Hi,

You shouldn't have any trouble travelling on a Thursday, I mentioned Sunday because of the reduced service and the possibility of engineering work.

I have checked and you would have to change platforms at Oxford Road Station. That station is quite small, so it would only take a few minutes to change, but it would involve the use of stairs. Changing at Piccadilly would be far easier.

The Llandudno to Manchester Piccadilly train departs at 06:34am and arrives at Piccadilly at 08:50am, you could then catch the 08:58 or 09:03 train, from the same platform, to arrive at the airport around 09:20.

Book soon and you can purchase Advance tickets for £12.00.

Hopefully, bombshell will come back with information on the direct service.

Good luck.

Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

For a flight at around 10 you would need to check in about 3 hours before i would stay the night in a hotel at the airport the night before your flight

united kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

I too am interested in details of the direct train service from Llandudno to Manchester Airport, but cannot find any timetables on the Arriva web site, I have e-mailed Arriva twice for a timetable and have had no response.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Info here:

arrivatrainswales.co.uk/manchester_airport.a…

But they are very few and far between!

Edited: 18 February 2010, 14:11
united kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Thank you for that CheshireCat, like you say, few and far between not really much use to me, I shall have to continue to use Piccadilly Station.

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Llandudno to Manchester

Hi--- Lets be precise about it. You will need a taxi to take you to Llandudno Juction station for the 05.46 train to Manchester Piccadilly arrive 07.50.From there there are many trains going on to the airport, just check the indicator board.

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations