We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any info please

Which Llandudno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any info please

Hi, this is my first visit to the Llandudno forum and i,m hoping for some advice. My mum stayed at the Butlins Grand Hotel some years ago and she loved it, there were about 20 of them. My daughter and me were thinking of taking her this year for a 4 day break for her 86th birthday and ive just been reading the reviews on here and most of them are awful. Now i,m not sure what to do. Does anyone know anything about it, mayby it was fine when my mum went (about 12 yrs ago) but now its gone down hill. We,re not looking for 5 star, just a nice clean room, good food and entertainment My mum is VERY young for her age which is why i thought this would be a good choice. If its as bad as some of the reviews, does anyone know of any other hotels on the prom that have evening entertainment. Any info appreciated.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any info please

Hi ,Could you tell us when you are thinking of visiting as this may determine if there is entertainment on in the hotels.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any info please

Yes, we,re coming around the 2nd week in august, friday to monday.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any info please

Hi disc..............there are a lot of nice hotels all along the front which have entertainment on. Hope you find somewhere suitable. I'll ask my friend at work tomorrow as she often goes there for a weekend (only about 20 odd miles away from us LOL but she enjoys the change of scenery) and see if she can recommend anywhere :)

Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any info please

A lot of the bigger hotels along the seafront will offer entertainment at this time of year.

Along with the Grand, you could consider The Kensington, Tynedale, Hydro, County, Marine, St Georges, Imperial, Esplanade or St Kilda.

The ST Georges & Imperial are 4 star and the others 2/3 star as I know. I am not 100% sure of any entertainment programmes, but these are the larger ones - which hopefully will allow you to compare all of them on line.

The town hall has various caberet and music shows which run Monday, Wednesday & Friday and church local male voice choirs are on Tuesday & Thursdays - so even if you booked somewhere without entertainment, there are other options on offer, whether to your taste is another matter.

Hope this helps..

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any info please

Thanks for your help and a BIG hi hever. My mum still thinks the Butlins Grand will be fine but the reviews have put me off a bit. I,d hate to book it and then have her disappointed. Shes scary when she annoyed. lol

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any info please

disc........perhaps if that's where your mum wants to stay then just book it. I'm going to the Norbreck in Blackpool next week and the reviews for there are bad but it was cheap so we'll just go and make up our own minds LOL.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,596 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any info please

Hi, just come across this post. The Grand hotel (if you can get a balcony sea view) is very underrated and that's from someone who stays at the nearby Empire hotel at least once every year (the Empire is very plush but also very expensive) anyway, I have stayed at the Grand on two occasions with golf parties and also pop in for a drink when staying at the Empire because the outside bar/terrace area overlooking the sea is simply wonderful. It's been done up recently and although I agree with some of the reviews I can honestly say it's the best for entertainment ( by far) and position ( it's on the actual pier itself) and also has an atmosphere that your mum will love as it's been there and done it! Considering going there myself in a few weeks if I can get a sea view balcony.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any info please

Thanks so much for that. Ive decided to book it, my mum loved it when she went there so i,m sure it,ll be fine. Cheers.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,596 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any info please

Well I hope you have a great time, love Llandudno myself.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any info please

Hope you have a great time disc and I hope your mum enjoys her stay this time as much as she did last time :)

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno