We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Llandudno?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Llandudno?

Hello---Spending 3 nights at Great Orme Lighthouse in July, and exploring the area. We were planning on driving up from London, but think it might be better to take the train from Euston to Llandudno Junction and renting a car locally. Can you advise, please, on what car hire firms are in the area? Can we get to them from the train station? So looking forward to visiting beautiful North Wales again!

thanks---angel, islington

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,497 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

Check www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com www.theaa.com

www.visitbritain.com

Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

No you can't get them from the train station, it is quite small.

I think I would take the train to Llandudno Junction, then connect to Llandudno (which is a quick 10 minute service) then take a texi to the lighthouse. That way you have no concerns finding your location and so on.

Call / email Avis, who I believe has a branch in Colwyn Bay or Auto Europe ad arrange for them to deliver the car to the lighthouse. That is what I suggest to my guests and it always works really well, especially if you are late into the town, where things do close early (by comparison to the UK cities).

Note you won't get one delivered on a Sunday usually.

Hope this helps.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

Enterprise car rental in Llandudno Junction would be a good idea.

enterprise.co.uk/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do…

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

Hubby takes the train from Euston on our frequent weekend breaks to LLandudno. The journey from Chester onwards follows the coast and he says the views are amazing. He says the holiday starts as soon as he gets on the train. At certain times of the day you can also upgrade to 1st class for a few pounds and get food, wine and drinks thrown in (that's what he does). He gets off at LLandudno junction and takes a taxi to our hotel There's usually plenty of taxis outside. I wouldn't bother changing trains to LLandudno itself as its far quicker by cab. Fare should be about £10.

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

Avis care hire in Llandudno Junction is just across the road from the station, Enterprise is a bit of a walk up a steep hill.

avis.co.uk/CarHire/Europe/United-Kingdom/Wal…

Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

Try Aberconwy Car & Van Hire on 01492874669 or www.aberconwycarhire.co.uk, free collection and return to the station, open weekends and they'll meet you outside of working hours. They're only in Llandudno so will also deliver direct to your hotel too if you'd prefer. Excellent service last month when I used them.

7. Re: Car Hire in Llandudno?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno