We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Llandudno

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
696 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Llandudno

Hi, i,m taking my mum to Llandudno next month for the weekend. We,re staying at The Grand. We were there last month and we went on the tram to The Great Orme one day and the other day we got that little train to the west coast. I,m just looking for any suggestions on any where else we could go to fill the days in. Its only my second visit to Llandudno so im not familiar with it so any info would be appreciated. Cheers.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Llandudno

Are you using a car or public transport. What you do greatly depends on that!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
696 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Llandudno

No, no car.

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Llandudno

jump on the bus to visit nearby Conwy - castle, smallest house, fish & chips on the quayside, walk the city walls, museums etc

take a trip on the Snowdon Sherpa up into Snowdonia

www.gwynedd.gov.uk/gwy_doc.asp…

from Llanberis there's the Snowdon Mountain Railway

http://www.snowdonrailway.co.uk/

if the weather's good

take a bus through to Caernarfon

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Llandudno

Get the bus or train to Conwy.

Conwy has a nice little harbour, a castle, the smallest house in the UK (??) and some good chippies and pubs.

Edit: cazinatutu above had exactly the same idea as I did ;-D

Edited: 14 May 2012, 21:03
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Llandudno

If your mum is fit and able bodied, the walk around the great orme is lovely. Great views and there's a flock of cute himalayan goats living wild on the hill. Agree that Conway is a nice town to visit as is caernarfon. Both can be reached by train from llandudno. Also, a walk up through happy valley to the ski run is nice. You can watching the people skiing and tobogganing (which is good fun) from the swiss chalet type cafe up there. Nice views to be had from this cafe.

Also there's a beautiful gentle gradient slope from the west shore up to hauffre gardens. The walk is beautiful, the gardens very pretty and there are stunning views over both the North and West shores. There's also a very pretty tearoom at the top and it always seems to be 3 or 4 degrees warmer up there because its more sheltered than the sea shore.

Some of my favourite days have been spent walking up the pier and stopping for a pint at the end. At the weekend a jazz band plays there. Then a slow stroll back along calling in the little booths and slotties along the way finishing with a pint in the Snowdon before heading back t the B+B.

Burnley
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Llandudno

The Home Front museum is worth a visit - www.homefrontmuseum.co.uk.

Gotland, Sweden
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Llandudno

I see you have already get some suggestions. If you would be willing to leave Wales, there are always trains to Chester.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in Llandudno

>I see you have already get some suggestions. If you would be willing to leave Wales, there are always trains to Chester.<

The OP is coming from Liverpool and will pass through Chester on the train to get to Llandudno (unless they are going on a coach).

If they wanted to go to Chester they could do that whenever they wanted as it's only a 40 min train journey away from Liverpool.

Nice suggestion though because I try and get to Chester at least once a month. ;-)

Edited: 14 May 2012, 23:08
Gotland, Sweden
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in Llandudno

Oh, sorry. I didn't see where the OP is located. Otherwise, I would never suggest Chester..

Well, Beaumaris could be another option. Although it would require a change, probably Bangor.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
696 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in Llandudno

Thank you so much, you,ve been a great help. Conway sounds lovely. We are going to Llandudno by coach but we love walking so now ive got some great ideas. Thanks again. x

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno