We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday parking in Llandudno

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday parking in Llandudno

We will be attending a birthday lunch at Osbourne House, North Parade, Llandudno in May on a Sunday. Their parking lot is for residents only. Can anyone suggest a suitable parking place for five cars? We can drop the elderly passengers at the door, but don't want to have to park too far away. Are there any car parks or is it all on street pay and display?

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Most of the on street parking has a 2 hour limit, probably not long enough for your meal and also tricky for 5 cars.

You could try the multi-storey car park at the Victoria Shopping Centre at Back Madoc Street, about 5-10 minute walk.

Or the open air car park on York Street, again about half a mile away.

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Sheila

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

When in May are you visiting ? If it is the begining the Extravaganza will be on and car parking spaces will be few and far between

Most of the streets in fact have 90 minute parking and some have 60 minute, always check .

The car park mentioned is in fact York Road and not Street and the Victoria center car park closes on a Sunday at 4 pm .

You could park on Abbey Road or Church Walks (the top end by the church not the bottom end just round the corner ) these roads have no restrictions (at time of posting !) There is also the car park behind the town hall on Market Street opposite the Cottage Loaf pub ,it is a pay and display .

BTW .Excellent choice choosing the Osborne .

Edited: 13 March 2013, 16:21
Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Thanks for your help. We are going on May 12, we avoided the holiday weekend because of the Extravaganza. It is my mother's 100th birthday, so we are assembling from far and wide. Osbourne House was recommended to us but we have never tried it. Glad to hear you think it is a good choice.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Ohh wow Big Congratulations to your Mother ,I would think you will be in the Conservatory part of the restaurant which will be ideal and more private ,we had my Grandaughters Christening meal there and it was perfect. Enjoy!

Edited: 13 March 2013, 19:04
Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

You can park on the street outside the Osborne (North Parade) for as long as you like, the catch is that you'll need to feed a parking meter. In May it would cost £2.00 for up to four hours or £3.00 for up to eight hours. Your big problem though might be finding a free space, it would take something of a miracle to find five spaces!

If you carry on past the Osborne House and follow the road to the right at the roundabout (towards the Grand Hotel) there's some on-street parking along Happy Valley Road which I think is free and has no time restrictions. Again though the problem might be finding a space. If you continue on past the Grand Hotel there's a pay and display car park on the left. If you park here you should be able to take a short cut back along the pier to North Parade (assuming the gate onto the pier opposite the car park is open).

You could also try Abbey Road, Tudno Street, Arfon Avenue, Chapel Street or Clement Avenue which aren't too far away and have free and unrestricted on street parking (or at least did have the last time I parked on any of them).

www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp…

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Thank you! Trip Advisor is the best, with so many helpful people.

St. Helens United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Hello could you please help we are going to Llandudno Extravaganzer could you let us kno were there is Disabled Parking got a Blue Badge. Thank you

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

Parking will be at a premium at this time of year and most of the main streets will have no vehicle access .

Do you have a wheelchair ? I ask as there are park and rides you could use, other than that it would be best to use town center car parks if there are any spaces ..... I am just wondering if you realise the amount of walking involved with the Extravaganza ? There are Dissabled bays on the promenade but these will probably be taken up by hotel guests ,the other spaces are on the main streets so these will not be available , you will probably be best reading the above posts as to where to park.

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
570 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday parking in Llandudno

If you're early enough, and very lucky, you might be able to park on the car park at Venue Cymru. If you're exceptionally lucky you might find a space close to the town centre in one of the "quieter" streets like St. Mary's Road or Caroline Road. I'd suggest if you can either using one of the park and rides or parking up in Llandudno Junction and getting the train into Llandudno.

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations