We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar?

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
Sports Bar?

We'll be travelling to Llandudno in September - are there any bars that play a wide variety of sports? We're hoping to catch an American Football game on September 22nd.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar?

I'm not aware of any I am afraid. If you were here I would check with Fountains and Bar 147 on Mostyn Street or The Lilly on the West Shore in advance, perhaps ask, They have the big screens and may put it on for you if you ask, as they have Sky coverage.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar?

Yes 147 (the old snooker hall) has a wide variety of sports available but as mentioned you may be best asking before it actually starts.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 15:30
Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
555 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar?

Because of the time differences Sky show live coverage of two NFL games each Sunday starting at 6pm and 9.15pm. The live Sunday late afternoon Premier League football match (proper football!) ends around 5.50pm so you might be able to convince someone to change channels just in time for the NFL game at 6pm. Sky haven't yet announced which games they'll be showing on 22nd Sept, it could well be the Texans@Ravens but you'll need to keep and eye on Sky's website.

Club 147 have a Twitter account if you want to contact them in advance. According to Sky's website The Carlton and the Kings Arms also have Sky Sports subscriptions so you could also try those. The Carlton is only a couple of minutes walk from Club 147 although the Kings Arms is at the "far" end of town.

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
555 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar?

Sky are showing the Lions at the Redskins at 6.00pm and the Colts at the 49's at 9.15pm.

The Lilly Bar & Grill in Upper Mostyn Street now have Sky Sports (and sell decent beer!).

Edited: 21 September 2013, 18:51
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar?

If you're asking whether any of the bars in Llandudno are 'sports bars' in the American sense and if any will be showing NFL games, then the answer is 'no' I'm afraid.

Llandudno, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar?

No there is nice bars on upper mostyn street but none showing NFL ENGLAND soccer yes

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
555 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar?

The NFL games kick off at 6.00pm and 9.15pm, i.e. the final whistle in the proper football so it's possible someone might change channels if asked politely enough. And it's not ENGLAND soccer, Cardiff and Swansea are both now in the Premier League!

8. Re: Sports Bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations