We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

A few years ago we stayed in Llandudno (at the Hen Dy hotel). We walked across the road (? corner of North Parade and Mostyn Cres?) for lunch at an old hotel and it was the best roast lamb we've ever eaten!

We will be back in Llandudno next May and want to eat there again…only problem is, we don't know the name of the hotel!

What's the problem, you may ask, why not just go there when we arrive? Well, we were told you actually need to book for meals there (we were unsuccessful when we tried to go back for dinner) and we want to make sure we can get a table this time for dinner.

Can anyone help with the name of the hotel? Or narrow down the possibilities? I've tried looking at a map but cannot recognise it now. It seemed to be an old place and the clientele were over 70's, mainly. I think it was one or two buildings from the corner but my memory may be playing tricks.

Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

Times might have changed things even if you find the same hotel, different owner/chef/menu.

Perhaps best to keep your memories intact of your previous visit and seek out another place. It shouldn't be too difficult to gt good Welsh Lamb in Llandudno, if not in North Wales then where is better?

I will be in Llandudno before you drive so will try and get some hotel names for you but in the meantime these links might help.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g190724-d75…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190724-d1…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190724-d1…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190724-i837-k70…

australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

Thank you, Leuca for your helpful advice. The links were very informative and give us some insight as to where else to eat.

Perhaps you are right and we should just try some place else this trip! It's funny that I loved the lamb so much as I come from NZ where the lamb is superb. Have to say, though…this Welsh lamb was even better. What is it about Welsh food? Had the best cakes ever in Conwy from a little bakery in the main street but I will resist temptation this time and not go near the place for my waistline's sake.

cheshire
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

Marlborough Hotel is near the corner of north parade and Mostyn crescent and has a restaurant.

australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

Thank you. My husband says this is it!

5. Re: Llandudno hotel North Parade with old fashioned dining room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations