We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have an update on the Freston Boot?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have an update on the Freston Boot?

Hello all,

I have been hearing rumours for about 6 months now about Suffolk Foodhall buying and planning to reopen an old pub/restaurant called the Freston Boot.

Does anyone know anymore about this or if the pub is in fact re-opened, it always used to be a good one for a nice lunch so I would love to know if it is open for business.

Cheers :O)

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
240 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have an update on the Freston Boot?

i go pass every day can see no work taking place , car park boarded off, locals say looks like next year if ever to reopen,red lion at chelmerdis, has now closed down shortage of good pups aroud this part of suffolk pin mill full of tourist hard to park, holbrook not to bad as is shotleys two pubs by river, the other one by village hall dont know never used it but most weekend field by pub used by caravan club,

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have an update on the Freston Boot?

Apparently Babergh Council have turned down a planning application re the Boot. How absolutely idiotic. Hurrah Babergh - yes let's try and stop the breathing of new life into the (almost) last pub on the peninsula. Bravo council you should have us all locked into our houses with no hope of a social hub very very soon.

3. Re: Anyone have an update on the Freston Boot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:42