We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Sandbanks

2 posts
1 review
Parking at Sandbanks

I am planning a trip to Brownsea Castle on the island of Brownsea in Poole harbour for 4 days. Can anyone please advise me of the prices per day of parking a car on the streets of Sandbanks. In the past it was free to park there, but I understand there are now meters. I have tried to Google the answer but inspite of Checking various park and pay apps I am none the wiser to price.

10 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
441 reviews
1. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

£1.50/hour for the first 4 hours then a day rate of £10 (until 31 October)

bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/…

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

Surely the ferry to Brownsea Island departs from Poole quay.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

No, there is a departure point at Sandbanks for one of the boat operators - but the more frequent services (and closer parking) are on Poole Quay. If you park at Sandbanks you have to use the big car park at the foot of the peninsula, which is a bit of a walk. The CP by the ferry is restricted to an hour only.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
285 reviews
4. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

If you do go by a ferry from Poole Quay then it is a short walk from Poole Rail station car park at £8 a day, though I believe the ferry is more expensive as it is part of a tour and takes longer.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

You would be better off parking in one of Poole's town centre (near to Quay) multi-storey car parks, then pretend you have lost your ticket. Thys way it will only cost you £10.

Manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

love it, that's a brilliant response. I hope they did this

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

Did anybody actually answer your question about the side roads around sandbanks? They used to be free, but are they all now metered?

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
150 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

This is an old post but yes the side roads in Sandbanks are metered or resident permit. Can't recall if this is seasonal or all year round. Found it expensive last weekend for a couple of hours but may be cheaper in autumn/winter.

england
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
129 reviews
9. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

An old post yes - but for National Trust members parking is free at Sandbanks and the ferry is £1 per person paid on the way back.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
285 reviews
10. Re: Parking at Sandbanks

When I was there a few years ago it was much cheaper to park out of season and all the roads were metered. Yes NT members can park at the Sandbanks ferry for free and get cheap rate on the ferries. On the Parkopedia website it tells you what the rates are before you go: en.parkopedia.co.uk or if you know which metered road you want to park on you can look at the Poole Council website under Parking. It seems that the cheapest place to park at the moment is £1.50 for 2 hours. If you park at Poole train station and take the yellow ferry it is £8 for the whole day plus the cost of the boat trip.

Reply to: Parking at Sandbanks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Poole