We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Quayside Carpark

Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Quayside Carpark

We drove to the carpark at Quayside ...was surprised to find several spaces... we went to the machine to get a ticket , we did have a bit of problem with putting the registration in but got a ticket ..put it in the car . We were shocked to get a letter a month later to say we had not paid to park and got a fine for £100.00 ...

There was a gentleman who spoke to us regarding the machine who had told us that his mother had bought a ticket and received a fine through the post as she had had problems with the machine and to our surprise we had the same ...We had bought a ticket, we had displayed it and we had been back before our ticket had expired ... !!!!!!! We are now disputing the fine as we do not know the reason we have received the fine !!!!

4 replies to this topic
Wimborne, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Quayside Carpark

I have had the same, this is a company with a local repution and well documented on local radio. You will find it difficult to beat them. There are plenty of non Britannia run car parks you can use. There approach with me has been threatening

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Quayside Carpark

I've had this exact letter through my door today! Surely they have cctv to show us getting out of our cars and putting a ticket in the window??

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Quayside Carpark

Wicked behaviour. My advice is to take pictures of displayed prices Inc t&c's,your ticket and also your car with your ticket in it. Be sure the time, price paid and expiry are clearly visible. Then should you receive a demand you have proof enough to dispute their heinous claim

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Quayside Carpark

This old post is from July 2016 Ian H, but your advice is interesting. My husband regularly takes photos of where he parks now.

Reply to: Parking at Quayside Carpark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted