We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/B&B Wakefield

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/B&B Wakefield

So we are visiting Wakefiled area July 9-13th. Was supposed to be staying with family friend but that has fallen through so now need to get a hotel.

Someone has recommended the Premier Inn Wakefield City North.-Is this hotel near the trains at all?

What other half decent hotels are there in that general area.

We are even ok with B&B.

We dont need anyhting "posh" but dont want any rubbish either

thanks

6 replies to this topic
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

The Premier Inn is not near the rail station.

This one is close, I've never stayed there as I live in the area.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190729-d1222…

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

Is the Premier in walking distance to the rail station or no?

would we have to get a taxi?

Or close to any amenities such as stores etc?

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

You would need a taxi. It is on a business park, no shops nearby. There is a Pub/restaurant next door and an Indian restaurant also nearby. Put the post code (zip code) into Google maps WF1 2UJ and you'll see what I mean.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

There is a premier inn at thornes park which would be a 15-20 minute walk to train station

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

It sounds as though you're travelling to Wakefield by train? If you had a car, I would probably suggest that you stay somewhere outside of Wakefield because it is not particularly nice. (I grew up there, and I can tell you that it will probably be a bit loud and lairy - especially around Westgate - if you are staying over the weekend.)

The as-the-crow-flies distance from the Premier Inn to Wakefield Westgate is about the same as the distance from the Travelodge. The Travelodge will be better served in terms of amenities, but I would expect Thornes Park Premier Inn to be much quieter (and just nicer, really - it gets better reviews). A taxi would be pretty cheap, just a few quid.

I can't really speak for the York House Hotel, but it is just off Westgate which is where all of the drinking takes place on the weekend. You would have to expect some noise, I would say.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels/B&B Wakefield

Hello.

Wakefield has undergone massive changes and regeneration and to say it's not particularly nice is a little unfair!

If you are arriving at Westgate Station (which by the way is brand new) Wakefield Premier Inn City North is a £4 taxi ride away to the north of the city. It is located on a business park along with a food pub, an Indian restaurant and a Burger King. It has free parking and is clean and comfortable although the surrounding area is a little sterile. It is probably a good option to get in and out of the city easily.

The city centre has a limited choice of hotel accommodation and most of what is has is budget. Take a look at some other options on the tourism website www.experiencewakefied.co.uk or phone the local tourist office 01924 305000.

Outside the city centre there is a lovely guest house in a residential area of Normanton, which is a town about 6 miles from the city. http://www.thegrangenormanton.co.uk/.

I hope this helps

Reply to: Hotels/B&B Wakefield
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wakefield
Recent Conversations