We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Which Taunton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glos
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife

Can anyone suggest a club or pub with music till late? We are staying in Taunton next weekend. Although we are in our early 40s we still enjoy a boogie as good as the young ones!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

erm taunton lol scratches head....

i'll be back on this one...

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Theresa I know why rog is scratching his head. I used to live in Taunton and even when young there was little of this nature. It is more beer & skittles/quiz nights. Mostly we went out of town. So while we hope someone from Taunton posts I have been searching for you and this comes up

pubtrail.co.uk/somerset/westgate-inn-taunton… tho I would check the reviews before going. It is central.

There are live jazz nights (not necessarily dancing) but can't find any info as to when.

The Apple & Parrot sometimes has local tallent but again the dates aren't mentioned. It is very near the Westgate. It does have a happy hour tho.

Cafe Mambo is in the main street and seems to have partying on at the weekend http://www.cafemambo.co.uk/taunton/whatson/

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

perhaps a good book and a nice comfy hotel with horlicks? :)

glos
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Have found somewhere called bliss club rooms, anyone know about this? Where I live we have a Yates with has dancing and music at weekends, is there anything like this?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife

Hmmm, difficult one, Taunton is not quite big enough to support a club, I feel. Perhaps the people where you are staying can help, there may be a one-off dance somewhere.

Taunton is a nice town, but it is a bit provincial - Kenneth Williams was in repertory theatre there back in the 1940s, the mind boggles as to what they made of him......

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife

I did see the Bliss Club while waiting to go in the theater, it looked a bit empty and aimed at very young trendys but I could be wrong. It is a nice walk to go and have a look.

There is jazz on at the Brewhouse on Saturday but no dancing

thebrewhouse.net/main-house/1464/clare-teal

Edited: 20 November 2012, 02:53
glos
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife

What about cafe mambo? Thanks for your replies so far.

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife

I don't really know much about it as it isn't my cup of tea. We have one in Minehead and it has been popular for it's food & used to host music & dancing. It's tucked away from the main street by Debenhams. Because it can't be seen it is hard to say what it is like. Dark & nightclubby tho I get the impression.

I will make enquiries about it in the next couple of days and let you know if I come up with anything.

The locals used to entertain themselves thro the Rugby Club do's and such like which were good fun, drinking & dancing. I don't know if you have any connections to such organisations.

The Apple & Parrot mentioned before seems to have something on at weekends. Perhaps as they are within 5 mins of each other it would be worth a wander to check it and Mambos.

somersetcountygazette.co.uk/leisure/…

So much has closed since the credit crunch.

Edited: 20 November 2012, 12:57
glos
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife

Had a good weekend, went to cafe mambo and okoko. Both felt very safe and not too busy. Music varied but that is down to personal taste. We would go again.

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife

Thanks for getting back theresa, glad you had a good weekend - despite the rain :-)

Good to have the info, because of the storms I couldn't get to talk to anyone about it.

Get answers to your questions about Taunton
Recent Conversations