We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Topic
Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Earthshaker, you mentioned The Anchor in Somerset in another thread.

An excellent pub.

In general I find the better pubs are away from town center in smaller villages.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Earthshaker,

It looks like we are the only takers for a pint in Bishops Hull.

It's short notice, but tonight, Thursday June 1, would probably be a good night for me.

Fri, Sat, and Sun may or may not require entertaining an out of towner so I'm reluctant to make any plans for this weekend.

A weekday next week might work, but then the rest of the month is really awkward.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

I can probably make it for an hour or so tonight, will you have your hound there, so I can recognise you? How about 7:30 ish? Old Inn.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

No dog.

7:30 -ish is fine.

Recognize me via blond (going to gray) hair, glasses, red shirt, drinking ale and looking scornfully at lager drinkers :)

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

I too will not have a dog. You may recognise me as the one having very sparse hair, the remains of which have some grey bits. See you at 7:30 ish. If I pluck up enough courage, you will see my shirt before me!

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

In town on errand,I finally checked out "Remedies" this afternoon. Not my favorite pub, but almost all the pints were priced well under £2. That's brilliant.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Kuhal and Jack 1066 - how did your meeting at the Old Inn go? Have you got any more planned and are they during the day or at weekends or evenings?

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

WaltR,

The first meet went well (there was a report, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190730-i3161-k642319-Taunton_Somerset_England-Taunton_Somerset_England.html), and we've even had a second, held at the Half Moon at Clayhidon. I think we're likely to have more, but Mr. & Mrs. 1066 are away for a while. Next meet is likely to be in July, you're welcome to attend, do you have a preference for Weekday/end Lunch or Evening? We walked to the first meet, but drove to the second. We can probably sort something out.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

Thanks Kuhal

I don't really mind but would prefer a bit of notice if it was during the working day - although not much hair still have to work for a living for a little while longer.

Glad your meetings are off to a good start.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

WaltR,

So far the meetings have been Thursday and Friday evenings. Both have been almost last minute things, but if Jack is reading, then maybe sometime in the second week in July?

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Favorite Pubs in Taunton Area

We are back in somerset July 5th, but then off to london july 12-14 or there abouts.

Get answers to your questions about Taunton
Recent Conversations