We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brunch in Stamford?

Which Stamford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brunch in Stamford?

We would like to walk around Stamford main street areas before going out to Burghley for the 11 am opening time. Are there any restaurants or coffee shops open for breakfast or brunch on Sunday mornings? We plan to drive over from Barnsdale Country Club fairly early for some exploring, as Stamford looks quite charming!

4 replies to this topic
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brunch in Stamford?

I don't know about the food, as we're normally restricted to pizza places with the children in Stamford . I doubt many places will be open before 11 or 12 on a Sunday. Stamford is lovely to walk around , yes - I'd allow a good couple of hours at least for looking around. Don't miss the very narrow alleys running off either side of the pedestrianised High Street - to Broad Street in one direction (go there), & the other way to St Mary's Street.. also worth going along .. actually the whole of the centre is worth seeing. Cross the river as well past the George; nice bits there too.

If you fancy a bit of a walk, there's a footpath across the Meadows (the park by the river) that goes out of town along the river for a bit.

If driving from Barnsdale, I find this car park the easiest to park in:

http://goo.gl/maps/QMMkK

or there's a larger one on North Street that's handy.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,747 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brunch in Stamford?

This website has a list of Cafes in Stamford, but not much info on what they do

www.stamford.co.uk/food-drink/index.shtml

There are a couple of Diners on the A1 that might fit the billl

http://www.okdiners.com/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brunch in Stamford?

The cosy club and the London inn both do good brunches

Louisiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brunch in Stamford?

Sounds great--thanks a bunch! Our group has decided to do a walk-around tour of Stamford early am and then head out to Burghley Castle. I will pass the information on to them--thanks again!

Reply to: Sunday brunch in Stamford?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stamford