We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southview leisure park worth upgrading?

Which Skegness hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
southview leisure park worth upgrading?

I booked a Sun holiday to this park for September just wondering if anyone has been recently and if it is worth paying for the upgrade from bronze accommodation, what's bronze accommodation like?

We will have a new baby with us. I have read the bedroom will not be heated so planned to take a plug in oil filled radiator for in there. Just the odd reviews said bronze accommodation was shabby/dirty?? I don't obviously want to stay in it this is true?

However they are saying no silver upgrades left (at £40) so it would have to be silver + which is £55 extra for 4 nights so then we havent saved that much by booking through the sun? Seems a bit.of a swizz. However I will pay it if bronze accommodation is going to be awful?

Any opinions advice gratefully received. We have asked to be situated near the main fishing lake so if anyone knows what the caravans specifically in this area are like it would be good to know

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southview leisure park worth upgrading?

Its a sun holiday 6 for gods sake. You can't expect to pay a miniscule sum and then choose your van!!!!! The fishing lake vans are nearly all privately owned as are the vans let for sun holidays. You pays your money and takes your chance. The van owners pay as much as 30 grand for a van and get a tenner....south view hope you will spend onsite. Everyone wins except the van owner.

Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southview leisure park worth upgrading?

Thanks for the helpful reply :/ We upgraded to silver btw. Take it your one of the van owners lol. People book a Sun holiday to save money and a request is just that a request not choosing our accommodation

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southview leisure park worth upgrading?

We recently stayed in a bronze caravan (had no choice as we took our dog) with a 2yr old. The caravan had central heating which was a godsend (we id go in late April so the cold was to be expected!).

I see that you've paid to upgrade now and would be interested to know what your stay is like (we will be returning in the future without the dog and want to know if an upgrade is worth it).

4. Re: southview leisure park worth upgrading?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Skegness
Recent Conversations