We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help please

Which Colchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help please

Hello,

I am trying to book a room at the Holiday Inn Colchester. I found a good "stay 2 nights pay 1" offer, on their website. The holiday inn website says children stay free, but when I try to book for 2 adults and 2 children, it says "a maximum of 2 adults and one child allowed in each room at this hotel, (double bed with double sofa bed room), please book 2 rooms" My children are 4 and 10 years old and would fit on the sofa bed. What to do?

I'm confused! Does anyone have experience with holiday inn and their room policies?

Thank you in advance.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help please

I've just had a look at the hilton site, and in the room description it says "double sofa bed suitable for two children under 12"! It might be a good idea to give them a call or email them to check on this.

Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help please

I will do that, thanks Chris.

Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help please

UPDATE: Hope this helps others too.

I Emailed them and received a very nice email back appologising for any difficulties I had had and offering to make the reservation for my family and I (2 adults and 2 children in 1 room). So that is sorted out.

Harwich, Essex
Level Contributor
167 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help please

Just to let you know that if you've booked into Colchester Holiday Inn to go into Colchester then you will need to have use of a car as it is no-where near town, it is in Eight Ash Green which is just off the A12 bypass, as far as I know there is not much in the way of public transport in the area.

Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help please

Thanks, it will not be a problem as we will have a rental car.

6. Re: Hotel help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Colchester