We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Out

Sunderland
Level Contributor
230 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Night Out

Hi we are planning a stag party at Rookin House near Penrith. We want some outdoor activites as well as a goo night out.

What is Carlisle like for a night out? It will be a saturday.

Also if its rubbish is there another town we could go do that would be better?

We want a nice meal to start followed by pubs/bars/ then a club.

Thanks for the help

JP

Canonbie, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Out

Hi I have just had an evening out in Carlisle I started off in the Jasmine Thai Restaurant which was fantastic. I then ventured into what they call Botchergate where there are loads of bars. I went into Walkabout(aussie bar) which was really good very lively tidy chicks. Then went to Lloyds No.1 followed by Cumberland(rough pub if you like slumming it) then to Border Rambler(they had some nice music playing). By then I was knackered and headed off to my Hotel. Good night plenty to do plenty of bars and there is two nightclubs but I never made it to them so can't comment

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Out

. If you want bars and clubs head down Botchergate on the Sat night. Its got some ok bars and clubs but nothing special and can be busy with the usual Carlisle crowd getting too drunk to stand . Bars I would suggest if you want to go there are - Cafe Sol, Cassa, Unit , The Office. If you want to rough it try the Cumberland and the Caladonian. There are the usual bars like Walkabout and Party Party . No decent clubs all sticky carpet places. There is not the buzz aorund Carlisle like some of bigger cities but it can be a really good night its what you make it .If you want some strippers head to Rouge around the corner from Party Party .Basically Carlisle is full of drunk men trying to score with drunk girls. Its reasonably safe with plenty of Police on the pedestrianised area where the bar area is closed of to traffic after nine oclock. But hey your on a stag do , thats what its all about so Carlisle would be good for the grooms last night of freedom. Restaurants- Mezzaluna, Teza , Nandos , Sha ha Indian are all good if you want a decent meal something a bit speacial and into town later try Fantails in Wetheral , decent food really good atmosphere and Carlisle is only a short taxi ride away.

If you are at Rookin House you are not far from Penrith. Some reasonable good restaurants. Costas is a good spanish tapas bar - always busy with a great atmosphere. A couple of curry houses and chinesse but nothing to write home about . Anouther good restaurant is the italian Giannis or the other one near to the tourist info Casa Blanco I thinks its called. Some good bars like Warehouse , Lounge, Blue Jay Way, Board and Elbow and many more just follow the crowds. Most people go to the bars , the Warehouse then on to Toppers nightclub.

Plenty to do in and around these places - if you stopping at Rookin House they provide outdoor activities. It depends what you want , I think you can find most stuff around the area. Have a decent time.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 16:40
south shields
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Out

How was your night

4. Re: Night Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:42
Get answers to your questions about Carlisle