We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

I am trying to locate this hotel on Google Maps to see how it looks. Can anyone tell me what the cross street would be? Also, is there a Swallow Hilltop hotel off London street as well. i seem to be looking at 2 different hotels and can't find either. Thanks for any help. Kelly

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

The address is London Road. There isn't a London Street in Carlisle. swallow-hotels.com/hotels/carlisle-swallow.a…

About a mile south east of the city centre - as the name suggests it's on top of a hill (actually just off London Road on Hilltop Heights).

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

I know exactly what you mean I have spent ages trying to locate this on Google maps. Have just discovered that if u go to expedia and locate it on their map it takes you right up the side road it is located on. Side road is directly opposite B&Qs on London road..

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

Hi Kelly

We like to confuse our visitors by the use of street, road, avenue ,

You can find in one city lets say Park Street, Park Road and Park Avenue

They maybe in the same neighbourhood they may not, so if you want to give an accurate address to say a taxi driver, it helps if you know whether its street or road

As a rule of thumb a "road" connects two places or gives a clue as to where the road leads, as in London Road

Streets ?

Tend to be shorter and start and finish in the same town

That's a very loose explanation there are probably dozens of anomalies which keen eyed posters will be along shortly to highlight.

I hope this helps

Edited: 10 February 2013, 23:22
4. Re: Carlisle Swallow Hotel on London street CA1 2NS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Carlisle