We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
12 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

There are three or four (at least) companies that offer baggage service for multi-day walkers along the wall. This allows walkers to travel light, while the service providers deliver their luggage to their nightly lodgings.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these specific companies? Their fees vary from 5 to 8 pounds per bag. My question is with regard to reliability of the service. All experiences are welcome.

Thanks!

The Colony, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

I'm also looking for recommendations for a trip next summer. Did you do the walk and if so, how was it? I'm also looking at guidebook recommendations and any other reviews.

Thank you!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

I think the best book is Hadrian's Wall Path published by Aurum Press

nationaltrail.co.uk/hadrians-wall-path/guide…

lots more info on accommodation and various services on the above website.

Walk west to east, as there's more chance that a prevailing wind will be behind you.

Can be done in 5/6 days, best time would be June. Take suitable footwear, decent waterproofs and sunscreen; no telling what the weather will be like.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
12 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

We did Sherpa on our trip in September, 2013. There were other services that were lower cost, but we went with Sherpa anyway, since they seemed to be a bigger company and I thought that would be better insurance.

They were perfectly reliable. We never actually say a driver once, however. Left bags in the morning, and they were always delivered to our destination by at least late afternoon.

We were five days eastbound on the path, the first pick up point was Calisle. Would use them again.

4. Re: Hadrian's Wall Baggage Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2015, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Carlisle