We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Ballatar

Which Ballater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stonehaven, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Camping near Ballatar

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good camping spot near Ballatar/Braemar?

We are trying our Westie out with camping for the first time, and don't want to go to an "official" campsite incase she gets a bit yappy, so were looking for a good spot for wild camping.

We are going to watch my brother-in-law do the Ballatar 10k then camping for the night, so anywhere in the vicinity would be good.

I know the wild camping laws mean we can camp anywhere, but I would like to have some recommendations so we don't end up in a bog or something!!

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping near Ballatar

There is a lovely spot just before you reach Braemar coming from Glenshee(Blairgowrie). Its alongside a river and on the left hand side of the road before Braemar. I have often seen people camp there, so I presume its allowed...there is also a lovely campsite in Braemar itself.

Sorry I cannot be more specific about the location but OH has the road map in the car today or I could give you a grid ref. but there is a road going to the golf course in Braemar - if you follow that - this time coming from the Ballater side, then it leads you to the place I am talking about.

Woody x

Stonehaven, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping near Ballatar

Thanks very much Woody. I'll check it out on a map when I get home from work.

3. Re: Camping near Ballatar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ballater