We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Ballater

Scotland
1 post
Save Topic
Eating in Ballater

For eating in Deeside I would recommend the Victoria Restaurant halfway between Aboyne and Ballater. We had a lovely meal at Lunch Time good food, and very friendly staff.

Would reccomend a visit well worth the visit.

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in Ballater

Had a lovely cuppa and cake at Taste in the village of Braemar yesterday. It was very quiet because it is the middle of winter but the lunch/dinner menu did look good. The waitress was Scandinavian.

Had two excellent dinners at the Loch Kinord Hotel before Christmas. Good food and efficient service from a German waiter! Why not check out Morag and Wee Hamish who sit by the log fire if you go?

For all sorts of reasons it can be difficult to get staff to work in hotels/eateries in the more remote parts of Scotland; which is why I mention it here. These two young people were very good at their work and I hope they get to give you good service as well.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in Ballater

The sign of the black faced sheep in Aboyne is a real treat too - scrummy cakes and nice savouries.

Get answers to your questions about Ballater