We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Toilets

Which Scarborough hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
1 post
87 reviews
Save Topic
Public Toilets

Recently had a coach day trip to Scarborough - I thought it was a superb place to visit and we had a fantastic day out. The only blot related to toilets - the public ones on the south bay near the harbour were pretty grotty to say the least, then when we were leaving we went for a pot of tea at a lovely cafe next to the rotunda museum near the coach pick up point, valley road. After drinking lots of tea we were horrified to find the cafe had no toilets but were told we could go to the theatre next door for a charge. A charge indeed, £1 ! Be warned. Wouldn't have drunk the tea if I'dseen a notice in the cafe advising of the lack of facilities.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Toilets

If you put this on a review others may find it easier and also find it helpful .

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Toilets

I have to say I agree with this particular post. I think Scarborough has done a great job in improving facilities overall - the Open Air theatre looks really good and the resort was busy and an enjoyable place to be. But the toilets are pretty disgusting. I used those near the helter skelter yesterday and they need an overhaul. It gives an awful impression I think. There are some in the spa but that's all being done up at the moment.

Whilst I'm having a minor complaining session, the main shopping area had a lot of litter blowing about too. I know times are hard and cutbacks have to be made, but first impressions and all that...

On the same subject of litter...whilst waiting for our train back to Leeds I ate an apple on the station, so was left with the core. The nearest litter bin was outside the forecourt at a bus stop. I can't find a station email to send a complaint to - anyone out there help? I can't see why there aren't these clear plastic bag litter bins. It's just plain ridiculous not to have anywhere and must cost the station in sweeper-uppers.

York
Level Contributor
584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Toilets

I think you will find no Railway Stations have litter bins ever since a spate of bomb scares a few years ago, litter bins being the ideal place to hide "bombs". I know of none on the much larger York station or the London stations.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Toilets

Just got back from Cardiff this afternoon... whilst we were waiting at Bristol Parkway station for our connecting train back home, we were able to put some rubbish in clear plastic sacks that were on the platforms attached to the walls. Same in Norwich where we were a few weeks ago. I fully appreciate that the bigger stations have a stronger issue with security, but wouldn't rank Scarborough in that level. I just hate seeing litter lying about!

5. Re: Public Toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations