We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

Which Scarborough hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

Hi, for the third year running we are taking our wee boy to Filey for some summer seaside fun. We usually drive through to Scarborough on a few of those days for a change of scenary and we have never come across a playpark with the usual swings and a slide to tire him out.

Am I just not looking properly? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Preferably closer to the front or Peasholm Park if I'm allowed to be fussy!

Thanks in advance

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

Try checking the council website that'll tell you where they are although this site which is indepdent may be worth checking www.scarboroughplaygrounds.co.uk%2fdefault.aspx which does also have a mobile version it seems.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

Excellent, thats just what I was looking for! Thank you

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

Our daughter loves a small park that we came across half way up the cliff on The North Bay. It does not have toddler swings and I would say most of the activities are suitable for around age 5 upwards.

If you walk from Peasholm along Marine Drive, towards the castle as far as the huge sculpture of the old man on the bench, then cross over the road there is a road that takes you up the cliff. The park is half way up the cliff, but you won't be able to see it from Marine Drive.

Alternatively you could walk along the paths that zig zag up the cliff, starting from next to The Oasis Cafe towards the castle, to the park - an added bonus of this route is you pass a few assault course type of activities on the way!

Hope my reply is not too late to help!

4. Re: Swings n a slide near the front in Scarborough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough