We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

My mother and I are having a girlie weekend in Scarborough towards the end of September and although we have been to the town before with our husbands, we're after a different scene this time (less sedate and boring haha!) Does anyone have any suggestions?

We love Thai food, so have decided on having dinner Saturday night (I like Thai Manor on North Marine Road personally, but if anyone can suggest a place that can be beaten for Thai food we're interested!) followed by a few drinks in an upmarket bar or a livlier bar in town with music but not too grotty/full of hideously drunk youngsters stumbling about to poor chart remixes. We'd also consider a show on the Saturday or Sunday evening if anyone knows whats on? We like comedy or modern plays.

We shall be staying on South Bay, just off the Esplanade. Does anyone know of any good walks (preferably not Cleveland Way-we've done that one!) around 4-5 miles in the area? Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for us, but if not we'll consider any other ideas.

Thanks for your help folks!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

There is a revival of the classic Alan Ayckbourne play 'Absurd Person Singular' running at the Stephen Joseph Theatre (13 Sept to 14 Oct):

http://www.sjt.uk.com/

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

Guys, whatever you do DO NOT stay at The Royal Hotel. Stayed there on Saturday and found bedbugs! They couldn't find another hotel in Scarborough so me and my wife slept in the car...

Save Reply
3. Re: Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

If you need to stay in Scarborough again can recommend a good clean appartment near the Spa.

Save Reply
4. Re: Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

If you need to stay in Scarborough again can recommend a good clean appartment near the Spa.

5. Re: Mother and daughter in Scarborough-any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations