We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend a restaurant

Leeds
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Please recommend a restaurant

Hi, My family and I are staying in Scarborough for christmas. We include 2 children and 1 elder adult.

Can any one suggest a suitable non fancy, good food characterful restaurant?

Thanks

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please recommend a restaurant

Not sure about the ages of your children, but 2 very good places in Scarborough itself are -

1) Lanterna

lanterna-ristorante.co.uk/lanteraristorante.…

Pricey, but special.

2) Peppers

www.peppersrestaurant.co.uk

In the summer we had a very good (maybe surprisingly good!) meal at Ask, along the front at Scarborough. Ask is a chain of restaurants. We had very good, friendly service and lovely food. This website shows the menu and gives details.

www.askcentral.co.uk/askmainani.html

There's some good places in Whitby, and also Pickering, but most are a good drive from Scarborough.

Hope this helps.

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend a restaurant

HI,the best restaurants in my opinion are George Michaels-greek family run restaurand with a wide range of food on the menu, Tuscanys (Italian) quite upmarket and Florios (Italian) is good value, great food and child friendly. I wouldn't bother with Ask, it's a chain restaurant and you can sometimes wait quite a while in there to be served.

3. Re: Please recommend a restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 17:21
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations