We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol in the butlins pavilion

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
alcohol in the butlins pavilion

Hi all.

I am going to the butlins 80s weekend this weekend coming. I have previously been to one but it was in Skegness. At the skeggy one we were able to buy alcohol from an off license in the pavilion and drink there until the spa shut at 10pm at which point the only place you could buy alcohol was in the bars.

There was live music in the pavilion and as the drinks were around a pound for a can it was the palce to be until later on. As we were buying cheap drinks until 10pm it madr our weekend a pretty cheap one.

Is this the case is the minehead resort? Is there a spa/off licence in the pavilion or are you allowed to take your own drinks in? Is gonna be a expensive weekend if not.

Channel Adventure
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bike Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Minehead, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcohol in the butlins pavilion

Mate I know this is too late for you but it might help others! At what ever cost don't buy drinks on sight! People try to avoid it at all cost! There's a Tescos and Morrisons nearby where everyone goes! There is no problem taking (well sneaking) alcohol on site! Hope this helps!!

2. Re: alcohol in the butlins pavilion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 16:15
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question