We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Zabbar, Malta
1 post
Save Topic
car hire

Iwill be visiting UK next month and will be hireing a car. What cant figure out is that they offer airport pick ups but offer shuttle service. Hoe it works I cannot understand. What bothers me is that I am to take a flight hoe at 5:30 in the morning.

How am I to return the hired car ? and where.? Will there be shuttle service at that tome early in the morning ???

5 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

All car rentals are in a separate area, away from the terminal. I would phone the office of whichever company you plan to hire from.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,077 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

The airport branches of the car hire companies usually operate until 11pm.

IMO, you'll be better off returning your hired car in the evening before your flight. There are plenty of good budget hotels in Luton. Look at Premier Inn and Traveodge chains.

I'd avoid booking from Sixt in Luton. These guys don't even care to instal a free phone at the arrivals.

I'd go for Hertz or Enterprise, both seem kosher.

Avoid booking with Green Motion! Google these forums, in order to find out why?

Do book a car with TCDW ( Total Collision Damage Waver ). British car hire companies are very strict on every little scratch!

Yuri.

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

If hiring a car at Luton airport do not use InterRent. We have hired cars from airports all over the world and this is the worst firm with which we have ever dealt. The administration was slow, it took an hour to collect the car; the vehicle was dirty both inside and out, including food left by the previous user; and our email complaints were either ignored or dealt by an operative who could not even write acceptable English.When we returned the car their computer system was not working at all so they could not refund our deposit or give us any paperwork. It is a totally inefficient company operating from a shed at the far end of the car park - AVOID!!!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

Avoid Green Motion Luton airport, they really do not know the word "customer". They will only consider you as an ATM.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

The main multi national car hire firms operate from a consolidated site on the north side of the airport. There is a regular shuttle bus to the terminal that is shared by all the car hire firms. If travelling at peak periods, which are broadly 6-7am and pm, allow an extra 20 minutes as there will be traffic congestion. And per others, "what do you call people with suitcases wandering aimlessly around the fuel farm?" "Green Motion customers!".

Reply to: car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted