We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton railway stations

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Luton railway stations

Hi

I wonder if someone could advise me re the location of Luton rail stations please. I'm confused over whether Luton Parkway is the main station.

I'm trying to sort out travel arrangements for my daughter who has to go for an interview at Cambridge. We live in the Isle of Man, so to get there she can fly to Luton then get a coach to Cambridge. The return journey is more problematic though, as there are no flights from Luton to IOM on the day she'll be coming home, and therefore needs to fly from Gatwick to IOM. So I'm thinking she could get a coach from Cambridge to Luton, and from there a train to Gatwick. But should she go to Luton itself or to Luton Airport to get the train? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton railway stations

National Express run a coach service from Cambridge to Gatwick - but it is very slow (around 4 hours).

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton railway stations

They are 2 different stations, but the trains to Gatwick stop at both.

Timetable link.

firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/content/doc/timeta…

I think you can get the coach from Cambridge to Luton airport and then a shuttle to the parkway.

Coach takes about 1hr 40mns

www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm…

Edited: 25 November 2009, 11:59
Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton railway stations

Coach to Gatwick

www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm…

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton railway stations

The straight answer to your question is that Luton Airport Parkway is the station for the airport, has direct trains, on weekdays, to Gatwick, and that all trains from the area to Gatwick stop at both the Airport Parkwayand Luton Station . But I'm sure you'll find that getting a train from Cambridge to Kings Cross, then from St Pancras (three mins away by pedestrian underpass) to Gatwick, is the quickest way from Cambridge to Gatwick.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton railway stations

Thank you very much to everyone - that's all very helpful. I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out now.

6. Re: Luton railway stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 05:18