We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Bourne, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Hi, I find onsite parking to Luton Airport rather expensive. Has anyone used an off site park or know of someone with a large secure driveway etc where I can park cheaply, for 8 days next month ? Also I'll need a transfer to the airport.

Thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

We used a company quite a few years ago that was off the first island after coming off the M1. They provided bus transfers. But since then I've pre-booked at the airport and that gives a good saving compared to paying at the gate. If you google for Car parking near Luton Airport you'll get quite a few links. Looked at that to see if I could then recall the name of the company we used.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

The company "first island off M1" could be Slip End (Airparks?). There is a longer bus trip than some others and not always good reviews.

My preference is to use Luton Airport PARKWAY Station (not Luton Station)

It is well signposted, charges £7 per day (Mon-Fri), £2 (wweekend) or £31 for week. Shuttle bus to airport every 10 mins, takes 5 mins £2.50 return. Between 01:00 and 04:30 they are less frequent. Carpark is manned 24 hours. I have used it many times and recommend it to anyone.

Pevensey Bay
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Does anyone know if two weeks parking t the Luton Parkway Car Park can be booked in advance? I'm planning a two week holiday on the 8th - 22nd ( 15 days parking). If I could book 2 weeks at £31 then that would beat all the quotes I'm getting by the larger airport car parks BUT if I have to pay for 1 week in advance then the 2nd on a daily basis it works out as follows:

1 week@£31

2days@£2= £4

6 days@£7=£42

Bus fare @ £2.50

Total = £79.50 which funnily enough is the same price I'm being quoted by the other companies.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 11:55
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Luton Airport Parkway station is run by First Capital Connet (train company). you can see on their website that weekly parking is £31pw. You collect a ticket on entry to the multi-story car park and pay at a machine when you return depending on the time spent there. If you are there 15 days, i see that as 2 weeks plus one day, the extra day is £7(Mon-Fri) or £2 weekend.

I am not sure why you are calculating it the way you have. I would have expected to pay £69 or £64, plus bus fares £2.50pp.

I have never seen any way to pay in advance as I dont see it is needed.

Good Luck.

Pevensey Bay
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked at other forums and it seems that you can only buy a weekly ticket on entrance to the car park and when you return when you insert your ticket the machine calculates the remaining outstanding balance?

My calculations were based on 1 week at £31 and the remainder of the days at the daily rates.

I haven't found anywhere on the net that says the machine will calculate a 2nd week at £31 plus one day at £7 which will be a total cost therefore of £69 in the car park plus the £2.50 for the bus return. Total £71.50?

I'm being quoted by the Car parking companies the lowest price of £75.

My idea was to drop the wife and kids off at the airport with the suitcases then I could drive the car to the car park and get the bus back. However, for the price of an extra £3.50 I don't really see much benefit for the slightly more hassle?

One thing for sure though is that car parking has become rather more expensive around the airport and all the prices of the big parking companies are almost identical.

Anyway, once again, thanks for your response.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

Interesting. Not sure how you pay for weekly ticket at entrance as you collect ticket on entry and insert it in machine upon return - unless you have to go to the office with your entry ticket immediately after arrival. May be an idea to call them - car park telephone number = 0845 680 0023. perhaps you could post answer on here as others interested. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

We recently used Central Car Storage. They're about about a mile from the main terminal and charges start from £6 per day. The service was great. When we arrived they parked the car for us and took us to the terminal. We had a number to call when we returned and their minibus was waiting for us outside the terminal building. The minibus took us back to the car park where the car was waiting. We couldn't have asked for more.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 21:58
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

I have always used the airparks at slip end, also offer a good service, good price, never a scratch or mileage on the porsche.

9. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2012, 02:14
Pevensey Bay
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap off-site Luton Airport parking

I eventually used a parking space outside someone's house on one of those park at my house websites. It worked out at about £50 for a couple of weeks. A saving of around £26. Would I do that again? No. Why? Because it was a bit of a hassle first having to drop the family off at the airport and then find the house to park my car. Then I had the joy of getting back to the airport at a cost.

The same in reverse on the way back.

Na, it wasn't for me. Next time I'll just use the off airport car parks like I've done on previous times. The extra £20 and less hassle in my opinion is well worth it.