We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

London, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

We are flying from Luton Airport in July 2013. We were wondering if there is a leisure complex we are looking for a cinema and a place to eat.

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

There's plenty of places to eat in the centre, in terms of a cinema there may be one at the top end of the High Street near where Wetherspoons is, as that is most obvious from what I've seen when I've been there, it might just be worth checking the chain websites like cineworld (http://www.cineworld.co.uk) to get the exact details.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,287 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

There's more to Luton than multiplexes!

From the 17th Century it was the centre of the straw hat making industry, and to this day the town's football team are known as 'The Hatters'. Today it is one of the most multi-cultural towns in the UK.

How about a visit to the town's Museum, or the Stockwood Discovery Centre for a different experience, as a change from anonymous multiplex that could be anywhere.

lutonculture.com/stockwood-discovery-centre/

www.lutonculture.com/wardown-park-museum/

Edited: 30 September 2012, 13:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Probably worth saying that Luton doesn't always get the most generous write-ups though...

…wordpress.com/2012/08/12/bedfordshire/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3692154.stm

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,287 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Hmm, both articles should be taken with pinch of salt. Preferably several pinches.

And a list of worst towns which places Windsor second and all of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Clapham, Bath and Nottingham above Corby and Middlesbrough is quite obviously a p*ss-take.

London, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Thanks for the replies guys I will look into these places, thank's for the ideas.

Luton, UK
Level Contributor
391 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Jackie

In the town centre you have the Galaxy Complex. This comprises a Cinema, ten pin bowling, Nandos and a Wetherspoons pub. Opposite the compex adjoining the Arndale Centre is a carvery and other restaurants as well.

It's worth noting that if you have a n overnight stay to book a hotel asap. Whilst there are 2 new hotels opening in the next month or so, Luton has a shortfall of rooms especially as the airport continues to grow and as a result the prices can be expensive if left late

Hope this helps

Stew

Edited: 02 October 2012, 03:58
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,346 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Why does someone from London, flying from Luton need to know about the facilities in central Luton?

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Why wouldn't they? This is a forum, people ask questions.

Luton, UK
Level Contributor
391 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Why would someone from Bingley, who's an expert on Edinburgh be reading the Luton Forum? We all have our reasons! :-)

London, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any leisure areas in Luton. ie. cinemas and eating

Alanrow.

I'm actually from Kent and flying from Luton. I have never been to Luton and I am just wondering what is around.

Why does that cause you a problem?

Everyone else

Thanks for your help. I am interested in the Galaxy complex that's the kind of thing we are looking for to keep us busy for the evening. We did notice the lack of accommodation but have booked that and the parking thanks to other forum threads.

It's so nice to be able to get local knowledge.