We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub Crawl

Which Huddersfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Pub Crawl

Can anyone suggest where the best place is to start off and what our options are for the end of the night?

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub Crawl

START -

Revolution is a good sized central bar close to all the other pubs in town so not too far to stagger.....

www.revolution-bars.co.uk/bars.php?bar_id=133

END -

There's a club called Tokyo which is a good place to end up - there's 4 different rooms of music so something for everyone on a Sat night - dance/rnb/pop/indie. Good friendly atmosphere and cheap to get in before 10:30 (£2) or £6 after that.

http://www.tokyohuddersfield.com

barnsley
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub Crawl

Anyone suggest a collection of old untouched pubs,run down even in town centre for last of summer wine afternoon.Definitely no J D Wetherspoons.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub Crawl

If you want a quirky pub with an excellent choice of unusual ales, try the Station Tavern.The interior is quite unusual but you will get a warm welcome from Bruce the landlord. Within a few seconds(literally) you can walk to the Head of Steam as well.Unfortunately, the rest of the pubs in the town centre now lack tradition and have gone down the road of many former "true" pubs.

Horses for courses and all that...no shortage of clubs and bars full of Dazzas and Sharons if that's more your scene.

Enjoy

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub Crawl

Head of Steam and Kings Head (Station) are good starting or finishing points being virtually on the station platform. My favourite pub at the moment is The Grove on Spring Grove Street (just other side of Ring Road behind a car park near bus station). The Rat & Ratchet is good too. These are all good real ale pubs so if you are looking for something different then take other's advice!

sarf west London
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub Crawl

Hello folks, we are coming up to Leeds to start the rail trip to Manchester stopping at Dewsbury, Hudderfield, Marsden, and so on. Staying at Manchester overnight and returning via Stalybridge.

Any (real ale) tips please.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub Crawl

Well.....as mentioned before there is the head of steam on the train platform in huddersfield and i live in Marsden so if its a real ale pub you want you will be coming to the right village, lol. Just off the train station there is the Railway pub which is a normal village pub, not real ale. Then a short walk down the road there is The Riverhead Brewery which i quite a well known real ale pub. Its a very nice little pub wich brews their own ale. They also do food in the Riverhead which i have not yet tried myself but have been told its very nice. There are also quite a lot of other little village pubs dotted about but again i dont think any of them are ale pubs.

Enjoy your time in "sunny Marsden" when you arrive and if there is anything else you need help with give me a shout.

Also i recommend stopping off at a Town called Staylebrige which is between Marsden and Manchester, i think they have some real ale pubs there.

Claire

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pub Crawl

Hi

In Leeds there is a new Leeds Brewery Pub very close to the station beer good but it is a bit sterile - the Grove or Scarborough are probably better bets

Dewsbury of course is the West Riding Refreshment Rooms on the platform

Huddersfield the Grove is seriously unmissable - well worth the short walk but Head of Steam & Kings Head ok if you are short of time

After that it is up to our West Pennines experts!

sarf west London
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pub Crawl

Claire, we are definitely coming to Riverhead Brewery Tap, Marsden.

According to our schedule we plan to be there 17.30-18.30 on Saturday 28/3.

Thanks for you tips,

Cheers :O)

sarf west London
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pub Crawl

Thanks Joe, your mention of the Leeds Brewery tap (got and address, please) is a pos, I hope on the way back from Stalybridge on Sunday.

Huddersfield the Grove (where is it, please) sounds interesting, how come it is so special..

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pub Crawl

The Leeds Brewery Pub is easy to find - come out of the main entrance of the station - turn right and when the road bends to the left it is on the left hand side. Another possibility would be the Scarborough - come out of the main entrance - straight across the bus & taxi laybys and down the covered stairs - at the bottom the Scarborough is just opposite to the left.

The Grove is on Spring Grove Street just the other side of the ring road from the bus station and through a car park. Its just got a really nice atmosphere and around 10 well kept mostly interesting beers

Get answers to your questions about Huddersfield
Recent Conversations