We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Burstin Hotel Folkstone

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Burstin Hotel Folkstone

We are staying at the Grand Burstin Hotel from Friday while Sunday. We stayed there some years ago and found the pubs near by a little bit rough down near the harbour. Are there anymore pubs that you could think have which are a little bit nicer.

Thanking You

Mistie

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Burstin Hotel Folkstone

The only pub I've been into recently is the Wetherspoons in Rendezvous Street ("The Samuel Peto") which is a fabulous conversion from a baptist church - the upstairs dining area is nice and quiet and away from the bar.

I haven't been in but have been past the 2 nice looking pubs in The Bayle which is the old quarter of town. These are The Guildhall and The British Lion which get good reviews on TA for food as well as ambiance.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Burstin Hotel Folkstone

I visited In March, found a couple of nice pubs near to the wetherspoons, most served good beer and food, its a good 15 minutes uphill walk from the Grand burstin, so well worth taking a taxi.

3. Re: Grand Burstin Hotel Folkstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 18:15