We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

Level Contributor
508 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

I'm going to be making a few round trips to Belgium and buying the Frequent Traveller option is the best value

But I note in the T&C that availability on the use of these tickets is "subject to limited availability".

Has anyone any experiencve of using these tickets, who can shed any light on what this limited availability means in practice?

I don't want to buy 5 round trips and find that I can't use them on the dates required.

The Leas Promenade
Historic Walking Areas
Folkestone Harbour Arm
Piers & Boardwalks, Historic Walking Areas, Lighthouses
Level Contributor
29,519 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

Best thing to do is e-mail Eurotunnel direct, and ask them what they mean EXACTLY, IMO!

If forced to hazard a guess, then I'd reckon that full fair/fee paying customerso on a one-off trip will take precedence, this could mean you would be bumped off the journey you WANTED for a crossing at a less convenient/acceptable time....

Edited: 07 March 2013, 22:34
Level Contributor
508 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

Thanks for your reply, however for the benefit of anybody coming along and reading this later:

IME, of approx 50 return trips, ET never bump people at check-in on the basis of ticket type, if they arrive at the due time. Ticket type only make a difference if you arrive outside of your allotted crossing time (or if they have cancelled *everything*).

Any limit on this ticket availability is definately done at time of purchase (or in this case advanced selection).

However, I have now solved my problem. As I was looking to make return trips for 3 day weekends, the Short Stay ticket is the one that I works best and for some reason I had overlooked it when I first checked fares, but I have found it now.

Using this ticket works out slightly more expensive than the frequent traveller, if I travel at off peak times, but cheaper for travel at peak time, I'm happy to pay 10 pound a time for the extra flexibility.

Whether this is still the case during the summer holiday period I have no idea, but hopefully I will have sorted out my living arrangements so that I don't come home every (other) weekend by then.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 11:58
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

I have bought a number of frequent traveler packs As you can place your bookings online you can see the availability. Never been a problem with the unlimited packs, the only thing that varies is the cost of travelling in the non peak times.

4. Re: Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 16:15
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question