We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

I am leaving from Shannon around 1:00 and would like a recommendation on where to stay that would give me access to Glenn of Aherlow and Rock of Cashel. I have a car so have some flexibility. Is Tipperary and option or Nenagh (sp?)?

Please help.

Thanks so much!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,807 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

Are you talking about accessing the Glen of Aherlow and the Rock of Cashel the morning you leave????

Nenagh is about 50 minutes from Shannon Airport using the motorway and the Shannon Tunnel.

But you need to be in Shannon at least two hours before your flight leaves and you need to allow time to return your car.

That pulls you back to 9.30am. I don't think its feasible. And the further away you go, the longer your journey will take.

However, if you are looking at visiting these places the day before, then I would suggest you get as close as you can to Shannon the night before.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

No, I would do them the day before then leave from the hotel for Shannon that morning.

I would prefer no more than an hour's drive to Shannon.

Thanks.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,807 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

Whew!!!! I was getting worried.

There are a number of nice hotels in the area.

If you want to have a quick look at Limerick, then the Strand Hotel is excellent in an excellent location and on the Shannon Airport side of the city www.strandhotellimerick.ie Its about 25 minutes, even less depending on traffic, from the airport.

If you want to stay closer to Shannon then the Oakwood Arms is excellent and is only 10 minutes from the airport www.oakwoodarms.com

A bit further away but a lovely hotel in a lovely location, the Dunraven Arms might also be worth considering. Its about 40 minutes from the airport - again depending on traffic. www.dunravenhotel.com

4. Re: Where to stay in County Lim? Leaving from Shannon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2017, 01:17