We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

My husband and I are looking for a great restaurant in either Cashel, Cahir, Clonmel or Carrick-on-Suir , or the surrounding area. The perfect place for us would offer an inventive, modern cuisine, not just your standards. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Holy Cross Abbey
Sacred & Religious Sites
Athassel Priory
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites
St. Declan's Way
Historic Walking Areas, Hiking Trails
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

I believe Chez Hans in Cashel is good (www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/chez_hans.3991.html or www.ivenus.com/food/review/MO-review-Chez_Hans-wk119.asp).

The Cashel Palace Hotel is a beautiful place (www.cashel-palace.ie). We usually stop there on our way to or from Cork and the food in the bar downstairs has always been good so the restaurant must be good as well.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Thanks, Clauds.

We've been to the Palace for lunch many times (my mother in law is from Cashel), so we were hoping for other suggestions -- but if it's the best, maybe we'll check it out for dinner.

Have you been to Chez Hans? I've read reviews & it sounds good.

tipperary
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

There is d'amigos in clonmel if you like steaks and mexican food. Raheen house also does a variety of foods absolutely fab both taste and presentation. Pub grub head to tierneys lovely old style bar nice food big portions and reasonable.

In cahir try the bell bar and restaurant food was delicious the last time i was there.

Thats all i know as i am not from tipp just leavin up here

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Oh alright, Cheallaigh, so you know the Cashel Palace Hotel.

No, I have never eaten at Chez Hans but it has been recommended by other posters here.

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Two great restaurants that use local produce

Lily Mais in Thomastown (7 miles from Cashel) 353 62 72847

The Convent in Clogheen (same people who ran Gannons over the Bell in Cahir). www.theoldconvent.ie

Best of luck

london
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

On the border of north and south Tipp outside Thurles

Look no further than INCH HOUSE

Superb place, and surroundings and you can stay the night there as well

They also have a drawing room you can go into after the meal and relax and chat

5 star.. wee bit expensive at 50 euro a go but well worth it

http://www.goodfoodireland.ie/inch-house.html

Co. Leitrim
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Baileys of Cashel which is on Main Street is top class, but if you would like to get out of that towm I would recommend Sheehans of Borrisleigh set in a small village on main Thurles to Nenagh road. Food, decor and hospitalilty are superb, value for money and menu are excellent.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

On May 4th, we had dinner at a really lovely place called The Riverside on the main street in Ardfinnan - 40 Euros for 3 courses, includes tea or coffee and the food is wonderful. It is very small, so reservations are highly recommended and it is only open Thursday to Sunday.

We had starters of scallop and shrimp with guacamole,homemade bread, and then chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes and pesto served with the essential mash and glazed parsnips, and a truly wonderful caramelised lemon tart with homemade ice cream. I would *definitely* recommend it.

Cole

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

Both Chez Hans and Café Hans are fantastic.

10. Re: Best Restaurant in So. Tipp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 15:16