We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Which Hay-on-Wye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
76 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Planning to attend the festival next year, are there any Bed and breakfasts within walking distance of where the festival held. Thank you

12 replies to this topic
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

The festival is usually held in fields just outside the town on the Brecon road. Walking distance from almost anywhere in the town. I can't really recommend anywhere, as I live close enough to Hay to not need accomodation - but I do know that everywhere will book up very quickly. Indeed people stay here in Hereford for the Hay festival (usually extra buses laid on, so not too inconvenient). Find somewhere quick and book now...!

Abergavenny South...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Contact the local tourist information centre http://www.hay-on-wye.co.uk/tourism/

Brecon Beacons...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Also worth trying Brecon TIC email: brectic@powys.gov.uk - accommodation in the area is limited and booked a year in advance also worth trying Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages www.breconcottages.com

4. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2012, 18:05

Llanwrtyd Wells
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Hello

There are plenty of car parks near the festival site so I suggest you find a B&B in another town and drive in. My town Llanwrtyd Wells is about 40 mins from Hay and we often have people stay here for the festival but don't get so booked up

6. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2012, 18:05

Hay-on-Wye
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Hi

A few camp sites usually pop up around town.

Could try

www.riversidefestivalcamping.co.uk also

www.hilltopfestivalcamping.co.uk as well as

www.tangerinefields.co.uk who always used to have a site in Hay and www.bluebelltents.com/hay-festival

good luck!

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

I'd book in the Harp at Old Radnor and drive to the festival. Can't imagine a more pleasant weekend !

Mike

Morecambe
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Hi Mike,

Could you tell me how far it is to the Hay Festival from Old Radnor please. We booked the same b and b as the last two years but my boyfriend has just messed up the dates so I am frantically looking for accomodation elsewhere. Have got last room in the New Inn in Talgarth but if Old Radnor is not much further away will be happy to drive there each day; we had to from the b and b we used to stay in. Thank you

10. Re: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 21:05

Reply to: Accomodation near the Hay on wye festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hay-on-Wye