We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

Brisbane
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

My wife is keen to see the Hollies perform at the Opera House in October 2010 but the problem is our accommodation is nearby Broadway.

I would appreciate practical & economical suggestions.

It only needs to be 1 way travel as we will be dropped off in Buxton in the afternoon.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

Sorry Pete but you've no chance of doing that journey by public transport. They are 2 small remote towns 120 mile away from each other. During the day you can do it by a combination of trains and buses but not at night.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

I agree - even during the daytime this journey would be a pain to do by coach and/or train

If you really want to do this you will need an overnight stop in Buxton - you should be able to find a reasonably priced B&B.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

Broadway doesn't have a railway station, so the best you might manage would be train from Buxton into Manchester, train to Gloucester and stay for what is left of the night. You won't get a cheap B&B with an arrival in the early hours so that means 3 or 4 star hotel prices. A night in Buxton may well be cheaper and you will be into bed at a reasonable hour.

Level Contributor
3,402 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

3. I think even that is optimistic, dont think the OP would get to Gloucester, the last train on a weeknight is at 20:27 and at 19:27 on a Saturday

5. Re: Public Transport Buxton to Cotswold at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 06:17