We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

I realise this topic has been covered before on here, but it was a while ago, so maybe someone has some updated information.

I will be traveling from Paris to Ashford on the Eurostar in December 2012 and due to a very tight schedule, cannot avoid arriving on a Sunday. I have googled and found numerous companies, but none of them seem to operate on a Sunday. The only one that looks promising is Compass, but they haven't answered my email. A previous post mentioned St Michaels, but they are based a fair way out of Ashford and from their website it looks like they only have big, luxury cars. I only want something small as I will be traveling by myself.

Godinton House & Gardens
Gardens, Historic Sites
Willesborough Windmill
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
14 replies to this topic
Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

Whatever you do, do not use a company called Airports 24-7 with the website www.airporttransferskent.com. I received quotes from several companies to take us from Ashford International, coming off of Eurostar, and traveling to the south coast of England. I accepted the quote from this company, reconfirmed it, and there we were left stranded at 8pm on a Friday night. Thankfully two gracious cab drivers took us but it was a huge unexpected extra expense for our travels. I am not sure this company even exists and they have not replied to me since not showing up as agreed. Good luck with your travels and avoid Airports 24-7 and www.airporttransferskent.com!!!

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

AnniversaryGal - I think maybe you should start a new thread and re-enter your comments, either in the UK or at the very least the Kent forum as it could affect places other than Ashford which does not get very many contributions.

I note from their website that they are based in Maidstone with phone number +44 (0)1622 201488 and they do like a legit taxi company (all taxis are licensed by local council authorities). There could have been a mix up and if you want to talk to them you could try the phone number above.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

Edit: Should read -... they do look like a legit ..........

Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday

I did call without success. Thanks for the suggestion -- I will add the comment in other forums.

Reply to: Car hire in Ashford on a Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted