We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worthing Restaurants 2009 Update

Which Worthing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Worthing Restaurants 2009 Update

Google led me to a thread on Worthing restaurants and it was somewhat dated and the initial post on that thread makes dismal reading.

There are excellent restaurants in Worthing so I will update on my first report.

The Fortune Inn in Chapel Streets provides and excellent

lunches and they are modestly priced at under £10.

Although they are promoted as eat as much as you like buffets what you get is freshly cooked food with a substantial selection of dishes from the main menu.

The quality and flavour of the food is outstanding and there is a masterchef in residence!!

It is the best Chinese food we have had anywhere in the world and staff are wonderful. Please tip them generously in recognition of the excellent food and brilliant service.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worthing Restaurants 2009 Update

Glad you did this - because although I live in Brighton close to the centre, we often come into Worthing and shop and lunch.

So if I may add my favourites here.

Claude's Creperie Bedford Row Worthing, have eaten here 3 or 4 times, they are really delicious crepes. Savoury and sweet.The Brie ham and mushroom, was fab. My husband had a dessert crepe as well, with Chocolate, ice cream, fresh cream.The owner is a really nice friendly chap, His son was doing the cooking.Great coffee too.

A thai place has just opened in Portland Road called Something Thai which I can't wait to try. Went to eat there last Monday only to find they close on a Monday. So looking forward to going in the next week or so.

The Fish Factory was fine when we ate here 2 weeks ago. 2 pieces of Cod and chips eating in, was a lot cheaper than Dermot O'leary'place in Brighton. It was very good too.

Worthing
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worthing Restaurants 2009 Update

I stand by my recommendations of Jan 08! Scroll down to 18 Jan: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190761-i1370-k4…

We're still staunch supporters of Pestle & Mortar in particular and still taking all our friends there - who can't stop raving about it!

The cafe in Methvens bookshop did close and the bookshop was closing down too but will now be reopened as Bookstack who will reinstate the cafe - so fingers crossed it'll be a good one - should be from what I hear!

I'd also recommend Parklife for fantastic cupcakes, shakes and smoothies and an incredible range of sandwiches: http://www.parklifefood.co.uk/

And the Coast cafe (see http://www.simonbatesphotography.co.uk/Exhibition.html) which has opened on the seafront - you can sit on the beach and drink tea from mismatched china while chomping on homemade cakes - yum!

3. Re: Worthing Restaurants 2009 Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Worthing