We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

liverpool
2 posts
Save Topic
Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

I will go back to liverpool from edinburgh via warrington, what i am cencerning is that i have to change from WARRINGTON CENTRAL to WARRINGTON BANK QUAY in 10pm! Could anyone please tell me is it easy to take a taxi so late in the evening? how much will it cost? And more important....is it save? Coz i am new in britain...

thank you!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

You could look on www.yell.com for Taxi in Warrington then phone them and book ahead.

liverpool
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

Thank you for the answer!!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

You seem to have chosen the only train which routes you via Warrington. Can't you go on an earlier train - the usual change is at Wigan North Western?

You'll actually be going from Bank Quay to Central and National rail gives the walking time of 25 minutes, so unless you have a lot of luggage, I should walk.

warrington, cheshire
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

Hi

It is 20 mins (approx) walk from Central to Bank Quay but you should be able to get a taxi as there is a rank outside both stations.

I have always been safe in Warrington Taxi's, however we have Pink Ladies which is for women only. I have not taken this trip but if they charge you more than £5/£7 you are being ripped off. Just remember to get into a licenced cab and you should be ok.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

agreed, i wouldnt pay more than a £5... in fact it only costs a £5 from there to where i live and its double the distance if not more...

ask for a price up front...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

I have done this walk before and it is quite a long way, expecially if you have another train to catch.

7. Re: Question about the rail station in warrington!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 06:19