We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daresbury Park - location

Which Warrington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
868 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Daresbury Park - location

we are staying here next weekend and I do not drive so getting a taxi there etc however been told there is a bus stop nearby which is good however my question is ...is there anywhere near in walking distance to eat/shop etc?

many thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daresbury Park - location

Not really.ther is a Spar shop about 3/4 mile away in Preston Brook otherwise you have to go back to Warrington or Stockton Heath for shops and choice of eating

Also, only one bus stops outside the hotel. It is a very limited service, once an hour until about 5.30 - nothing in the evening and even more limited on Sunday. It does not go near Warrington Bank Quay station. You will need a taxi, which usually cost s about £7 to get to or from Warrington

Without a car you will have problems. You can walk to the village of Daresbury (Alice in Wonderland connections) where the Red Lion pub serves a good range of food. The Daresbury Parek is on a business park at a motorway junction and so caters for people who arrive by car (or helicopter. There is a helipad!)

Post again if you need more info.I know the area well.

england
Level Contributor
868 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daresbury Park - location

hiya thanks for this I kinda thought that would be the case :-( we are there from Friday to Sunday as my daughter is in the final of a Beauty pageant so she will be with all the others for rehearsals all day I was just thinking of what to do whilst she is there with my younger daughter but looks like off to Warrington may be our best bet and off to Red Lion for a meal Friday night!! is it £7 in a taxi from the station to daresbury? and is warrington bank quay the nearest station someone said Runcorn but I got tickets foe WBQ¬!!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daresbury Park - location

There's not much to choose between the 2 stations on distance. Runcorn is about 7 miles away and Warrington Bank Quay is about 6 miles . The choice of station is more governed by where you're coming from.

Edited: 21 March 2010, 19:48
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daresbury Park - location

Runcorn is on Euston Liverpool line and W'tn BQ on West Coast Euston to Glasgow. As Cheshire Cat says there is very little in it as far as distance goes.

If weather is nic you could ask directions to the Bridgewater Canal (only few 100 yds from hotel) and have a walk along the towpath.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,102 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daresbury Park - location

Linking Preston Brook and Bridgewater canal how about hiring a canal boat for a day. Or take a day trip to Liverpool or Manchester.

www.claymoore.co.uk/canal-day-boat-hire.html

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daresbury Park - location

Getting to Liverpool or Manchester will require getting back to Central Station Warrington- again incovenient without a car. Walking to Claymoores if you want to hire a day baot is quite easy.

england
Level Contributor
868 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daresbury Park - location

Hi thank you for the replies. As only there for a short period I would not be able to hire a canal boat and def not able to steer it but would be fun if not just the 2 of us lol We will only have about 5 hours spare so think we will get a bus to Warrington and have a look around.

Many thanks again

8. Re: Daresbury Park - location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:18