We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

I am thinking of going to Edinburgh by train but the only tickets available on the way home have a stop at Warrington Bank Quay Station where the train arrives, then I have to get a train from Warrington Central Station 25 minutes later.

My question is how close are the stations to each other and is 25 minutes enough time for me to get to one station to the other?

And if not, are taxi's easily available so I could jump in one and get taken down quicker?

Thanks in advance!

14 replies to this topic
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

There is a bus service that runs between the two stations but I'm fairly sure that it does not run on Sundays.

On all other days it runs every 20 minutes or so from around 7 AM to 6 PM

networkwarrington.co.uk/service/40/Centrelin…

Edited: 07 April 2014, 12:50
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

Warrington Bank Quay station is on the main north-south route from London to Scotland, often referred to as the West Coast Main Line, (WCML).

Warrington Central station lies on one of the two lines from Liverpool to Manchester, on a west-east axis... I don't think any trains from Warrington Central conceivably travel to Edinburgh,

There are regular expresses from Warrington Bank Quay station to Edinburgh and Glasgow throughout the day. Are you misreading the timetable? Check the Virgin Trains (West Coast route) website - you'll see what I mean.

Good luck.

Jim

13. Re: Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 October 2015, 21:14
Edited: 23 October 2015, 21:14

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?

Er, 2 years late, mate.

Reply to: Warrington Bank Quay Station to Warrington Central Station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted