We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Which Uckfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Hi all

I am heading to Uckfield in two weeks time (3rd November) and I need some tips on where is good to go out for dinner. Budget I would say is about £40 a head (but I would be happy to go cheaper!).

It doesn't have to be particularly posh (a good pub would be fine) - I am just interested in places that serve really good, tasty food and have some atmosphere - if they have any entertainment that's a bonus.

Thanks so much for your help,

Hayley

7 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Whenever we are in that area we often stop off for a meal in the village of Fletching which is four miles from Uckfield:

http://www.thegriffininn.co.uk/contact

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Thank you for your speedy response

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

This is where I live - so for once, I feel able to give an properly informed opinion !

"The Griffin" is a good call, although very busy at weekends. Book now if you're keen.

"The Chequers" at Maresfield (an MPW place these days) has mixed reviews from people I know, but does pretty well on TA : tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g635910-…

I would normally suggest Newick Tandoori, an excellent village Indian, but 3/11 is Newick Bonfire - so it will probably already be booked. Have a go though - the atmosphere in the village will be great, although you'll need to park in the lanes and walk for 10 minutes.

The place you probably won't hear suggested elsewhere is "The Star" at Waldron. A beautiful pub in a quiet village with excellent food. That's where I'd go : http://www.starinn-waldron.co.uk/

Mike

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

A great insight - thanks Mike

Lewes, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Just in case you come again; the best place to eat at a reasonable price is The Middle Inn in Mayfield you will be blown away with the food and value.

Bill's in Lewis is also worth a visit just for the atmosphere.

Griffin is V.Good but pricy; give the Cheques a miss as it is not what it seems.

6. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 17:08

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages

Chefstein - only 2 years late with your "advert"

Reply to: Where to eat in Uckfield and the surrounding villages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uckfield