We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Which Ross-on-Wye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Can anyone suggest a good value place to stay in the Forest of Dene area for weekend away in May? We have 2 young daughters and need somewhere that has family accommodation.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Meesh

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

I don't know of specific hotels in the area, but it might be worth looking to see if Express by Holiday Inn, Travellodge or Premier Travel Inn have hotels in the area. I have stayed in 2 Express by Holiday Inns in different parts of Britain and both have offered basic but clean and good value accommodation and offer family rooms.

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Hi Mich - there are some travel lodges around the area but all about 12/15 miles. - Ross , Monmouth , Glos

Have a look at www,royalforestofdean.info - they have a good section on accomodation in the area

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

If you decide to stay at the Travelodge in Ross-on-Wye just be aware that the beefeater resturant next door is closed for refurbishment at the moment.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Have a look at the Premier Travel Inn nearby. I'm a big fan of travel inns, and while I haven't stayed at this one I have used them to take my kids all over the country. They are usually a cut above Travelodges, though I don't often stay for the breakfast, preferring to have an in-room cuppa then head for a local cafe for something light.

Here's a link to a review of the Premier Travel Inn:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190769-d283…

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

I second that PC - friends and family have stayed at this hotel. I believe that it is this hotel that has the attached Beefeater, but sorry cant add any info re its closure.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Sorry my mistake it is travel inn rather than travelodge and as of yesterday the beefeater was still closed!

Northampton
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

We're going to stay in a family room at the nearby Youth Hostel in Welsh Bicknor - my friends recently stayed there and said it was excellent value for money - they had a family room with bunk beds and with a cafe/restaurant on-site the whole family thought it was great including the kids (they have 7 year old and 2 year old twins). Check out the youth hostel website www.yha.org.uk.

I will let you know what I thought after Easter...!

sully vale of...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

Just stayed at YHA Welsh Bicknor with my Wife, 9 year old daughter and 4 month year old son - FANTASTIC!

Accommodation basic but imaculately clean - The staff are extremely helpful and very welcolming. The Manager, Paul went out of his way to make our stay a great experience.

Would recommend for families - great Value for money

9. Re: Good value accommodation for family with 5 & 7 yr olds ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Ross-on-Wye