We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Oakham

Which Oakham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
95 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Oakham

Has anyone walked from Oakham to Wymondham? If so what is the best route and how long does it take?

4 replies to this topic
middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Oakham

I suppose you could walk all the way by road from Oakham through Ashwell Teigh and Edmondthorpe. It's a relatively quiet country road and it would take around two hours.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Oakham

Hi Nettie .....

If you log onto Google street maps and fill in "directions" Oakham to Wymondham (walking) .....you can "virtually" walk it with the little orange man ....and it will give you the info as to how long it will take ...

I use this all the time and it is handy if you want to sus out a destination you would like to visit to get an idea what it is like ....

Sylla

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Oakham

Go to streetmap.co.uk, which shows footpaths at one level of zoom. Do you want a direct walk on roads, or off road? There's a path from Wymondham to Ashwell, and then you'd be on the road the rest of the way.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
95 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Oakham

Thanks for all your advice. I may do a combination of road and foothpaths as am keen to explore the area.

I arrive in Oakham the weekend after next and have a day and a half free before starting a guided walking holiday.

My Maternal Great Grandfather was born in Wymondham and his Father, and Grandfather in Edmondthorpe (his Wife was born in Whissendine).

Reply to: Walking from Oakham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted